Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
(12-04-2020, 11:55 PM)Bobaloo Wrote: Did you get it working after rebooting everything?

Finally found out that my modem is "unhealthy" when my ISP ran a test on it just now. Will need to replace. Lucky me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep this tidbit in the back of your mind. The FlashAir only negotiates its network connection at its boot-up. If your wireless router should ever lose power, wait till it is fully back online and then (re) power up your FlashAir so it can reestablish its connection.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2020, 02:22 AM)MCS2014 Wrote: Did you get it working after rebooting everything?

Rebooted everything and going back and forth between 0.00% and 100% packet loss when I ping. And still getting this now when I click CopyCPAP:

Click Connect then I get this. Click OK and nothing happens.

These are the same two error messages that i was getting, and subsequently resolved.

Step 1: The 'Can't get window 1 error' resolved after I closed an open instance of 'Terminal' window 1 in the Apple Dock/Menu bar on the right side. If Terminal is already open the CopyCPAP app's Script can't find & load the needed 'Terminal' window 1 to run the subsequent script commands to retrieve the sleep files from your FlashAir card, thus generating the error warning box.

Step 2: For the unsecured connection problem, click on the blue 'CONNECT" box. A dialog box will then pop up and ask for the specific name & password that was setup for your primary network cable/router box - this will subsequently give you a secure connection. Note that the password is the same password that you put into your FlashAir card 'config' file.

After you do this, see if it works. If not working, try rebooting the computer and router(s) again.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
As for the last screenshot you posted of the error "Can't get window 1 of application "Terminal"" you may have already had an instance of Terminal running.  Check your dock to see if Terminal is already running.  If it is, then quit it first and try again.

Your "unhealthy" ISP equipment is likely the cause of the connection problem.  It's not uncommon for an ISP to push an update to their equipment which can sometimes cause unexpected problems.  Once it gets replaced, reboot everything again.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2020, 10:42 AM)Bobaloo Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 02:22 AM)MCS2014 Wrote: Did you get it working after rebooting everything?

Rebooted everything and going back and forth between 0.00% and 100% packet loss when I ping. And still getting this now when I click CopyCPAP:

Click Connect then I get this. Click OK and nothing happens.

These are the same two error messages that i was getting, and subsequently resolved.

Step 1: The 'Can't get window 1 error' resolved after I closed an open instance of 'Terminal' window 1 in the Apple Dock/Menu bar on the right side. If Terminal is already open the CopyCPAP app's Script can't find & load the needed 'Terminal' window 1 to run the subsequent script commands to retrieve the sleep files from your FlashAir card, thus generating the error warning box.

Step 2: For the unsecured connection problem, click on the blue 'CONNECT" box. A dialog box will then pop up and ask for the specific name & password that was setup for your primary network cable/router box - this will subsequently give you a secure connection. Note that the password is the same password that you put into your FlashAir card 'config' file.

After you do this, see if it works. If not working, try rebooting the computer and router(s) again.

Thanks, I'll refer to this the next time it's down. I got it to work again today, but we'll see how long that lasts Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2020, 11:05 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: As for the last screenshot you posted of the error "Can't get window 1 of application "Terminal"" you may have already had an instance of Terminal running.  Check your dock to see if Terminal is already running.  If it is, then quit it first and try again.

Your "unhealthy" ISP equipment is likely the cause of the connection problem.  It's not uncommon for an ISP to push an update to their equipment which can sometimes cause unexpected problems.  Once it gets replaced, reboot everything again.

There is no consistency with my router behavior the last few days, perhaps longer. Obviously has affected having consistent connection all this time. Hopefully the router replacement will resolve this. Today, it connected and updated, go figure Dont-know .
Post Reply Post Reply
Almost sounds like it's shutting itself off on some kind of schedule.  Any settings available for that?

Sounds like you may just have some gremlins in the system doing strange things.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 02:17 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Almost sounds like it's shutting itself off on some kind of schedule.  Any settings available for that?

Sounds like you may just have some gremlins in the system doing strange things.

It does indeed. Behaving itself so far tonight though. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very glad I found this thread after searching for java/flash solutions for my Big Mac Sur... 

But unfortunately, I still cannot get it to work like @Jeff8356: both my Windows PC and my MacBook Air have problems connecting to the FlashAir card.

On the Windows PC I get the warning "connection refused" for about 90% of the time and then suddenly it works and downloads very slowly. Obviously this fantastic script/app does the same, resulting in "There was a problem connecting to the server "192.168.2.149".

Is there a way to show what happens when CopyCPAP runs, as FlashPAP did? Now it takes a few minutes without anything showing. Also, after acknowledging the message, the error -5014 appears and the Terminal window opens:
Code:
 [Restored 6 Dec 2020 at 11:42:21]
Last login: Sun Dec  6 11:27:45 on ttys000
rsync -avz /Volumes/192.168.2.149/ /Users/arieklerk/MyCard
Restored session: Sun Dec  6 11:36:04 CET 2020
arieklerk@macbookair ~ % rsync -avz /Volumes/192.168.2.149/ /Users/arieklerk/MyCard
building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/Volumes/192.168.2.149/." failed: No such file or directory (2)
done

sent 29 bytes  received 20 bytes  98.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-55/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9]
arieklerk@macbookair ~ %

Before trying again, I have to manually (force) quit both windows...

Could it be in the config file?
Code:
#Sat Dec 05 11:20:52 CET 2020
DHCP_Enabled=YES
DNSMODE=0
APPMODE=5
WEBDAV=2
CID=02544d535730384731c2ecf27900f101
NOISE_CANCEL=2
APPNETWORKKEY=********
APPNAME=flashair
APPSSID=WiFi-Repeater
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
UPLOAD=1
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.00

When it all works out, I would like to make a page on our Wiki for this...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 05:48 AM)A KLERK Wrote: I'm very glad I found this thread after searching for java/flash solutions for my Big Mac Sur... 

But unfortunately, I still cannot get it to work like @Jeff8356: both my Windows PC and my MacBook Air have problems connecting to the FlashAir card.

Try going into your router setup options and reserving an IP address for the card's specific MAC address (which is printed on the back of the FlashAir card). The MAC address is in very small print. I took an iPhone picture of the back of the card and magnified it to make it easy to read. Once you've done this, the router will reserve one specific IP address just for your FlashAir card, and no other non-FlashAir connections will be allowed to use that IP address through the router. Worth a shot.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.