Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
Using a DHCP assigned address is a very "iffy" thing.  The router can reassign this address to another device.  I've found a more stable communication link to the FlashAir (FA) is by assigning a static address.

I have listed your CONFIG file along with the changes.  The current declarations are marked in green and the changes are in red.
Current File:
DHCP_Enabled=YES  <------ Change This
DNSMODE=0  <------ Change This

DHCP_Enabled=NO
DNSMODE=1
IP_Address=000.000.000.000       ← Change to the fixed IP you want
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0        
Default_Gateway=000.000.000.000        ← Change to your router IP
Preferred_DNS_Server=000.000.000.000    ← Change to your router IP

APPMODE=5
WEBDAV=2
CID=02544d535730384731c2ecf27900f101
NOISE_CANCEL=2
APPNETWORKKEY=Replace these ******** with the actual password on each file edit.
APPNAME=flashair
APPSSID=WiFi-Repeater
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
UPLOAD=1
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.00

After the editing, remove and then reinsert your FlashAir back in your computer's SD slot.  It will initialize the FA there.  There isn't anything magical about using the CPAP's SD slot for testing the F-A's communication parameters.   Allow it a minute to come online, then any or all of the following to test it out.  Note: Since I'm not Mac savvy, I don't know the actual names and its layout for the 3rd option below. Just, please go with me on the idea.
  • From a terminal, type: ping -c3 FA's IP - You should see a packet response with a time in ms.
  • From your web browser, enter the FA's IP in the URL box. - You should see it displayed as a webpage.
  • Open your file explorer, Look under network locations for the FA, or type,  //FA's IP in the find box.

I hope this may help.  Please keep us updated.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is solving at the moment: it was a matter of signal strength. I have a new repeater that seems to be far less sensitive than the former. So I placed that one now closer to the CPAP and... hoppa! ...it found the card.

Furthermore, I added a -P parameter to rsync in order to see some progress. And that shows that data transmission is utterly slow! It is building a file list and says 4300 files at this moment, half an hour after I started CopyCPAP!! I don't know whether it is downloading or just counting Smile

Another thing is with the relative addresses for folders. My OSCAR.app is on the Desktop and I saved CopyCPAP there too. So in an earlier trial I saw in Terminal that it could not find OSCAR in /Desktop/Desktop/...

Still waiting, now at 4900 files.
-----------------
UPDATE:
It counted to 5266 and then started downloading  Too-funny
I guess that will last some hours...

...make it a few days... now xfer#418, to-check=4819/5266
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the first time rsync runs it can be slow, especially if you have a lot of data on the FlashAir card.  With ~1 year of data on my card it took just under an hour the first time.  The FlashAir WiFi is certainly not the fastest but there is not much we can do about that.

Still, it's a workaround until there is a better solution, or can find a member that is more fluent in AppleScript...... Huh
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to break it to you, but your nickname is "McJeff". Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I fully agree!! 
Thanks Thanks AmazingIt saved us from the evil in Big Mac...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 02:09 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Yeah, the first time rsync runs it can be slow, especially if you have a lot of data on the FlashAir card.  With ~1 year of data on my card it took just under an hour the first time.  The FlashAir WiFi is certainly not the fastest but there is not much we can do about that.

Still, it's a workaround until there is a better solution, or can find a member that is more fluent in AppleScript...... Huh

Jeff, how do I clone a FlashAir 16 SD card to have ready as a backup? I have been unsuccessful using the Apple 'Disk Utilities' App to do this. I first formatted the card successfully with MS Dos Fat 32, but even with the format/erase of the card, two of the hidden files were untouched and could not be manually removed. I had to change permissions within my System Preferences to even allow Disk Utilities access so that I could make the FlashAir .dmg file which I saved to my desktop. I still get a "Could not verify Source" error when I try to "Restore" my .dmg "image" to the new FlashAir card. Simply copying all the FlashAir#1 files (including hidden files) to the new FlashAir#2 backup card did not work, because Finder will not allow me to delete all of the FA card's original hidden files. Any suggestions? Thanks
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 02:20 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I hate to break it to you, but your nickname is "McJeff".  Big Grin

You meant "MacJeff" didn't you?  Being of proper Scottish descent, the "a" makes all the difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 02:20 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I hate to break it to you, but your nickname is "McJeff".  Big Grin

Huhsign   Well shoot, I would have voted for the other guy!!!  You walk out of the room to get more coffee and all hell breaks loose around here!  Laugh-a-lot

That's alright Iv'e been called much worse.....   Shhhhh, don't tell anyone!!! Bigwink
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 06:59 PM)Bobaloo Wrote: Jeff, how do I clone a FlashAir 16 SD card to have ready as a backup? I have been unsuccessful using the Apple 'Disk Utilities' App to do this. I first formatted the card successfully with MS Dos Fat 32, but even with the format/erase of the card, two of the hidden files were untouched and could not be manually removed. I had to change permissions within my System Preferences to even allow Disk Utilities access so that I could make the FlashAir .dmg file which I saved to my desktop. I still get a "Could not verify Source" error when I try to "Restore" my .dmg "image" to the new FlashAir card. Simply copying all the FlashAir#1 files (including hidden files) to the new FlashAir#2 backup card did not work, because Finder will not allow me to delete all of the FA card's original hidden files. Any suggestions? Thanks

You can create an img (clone) of your SD card like so:

Make a *.img of an SD card:
From Terminal run "diskutil list" and get the disk # of the SD card

to make the img:
sudo dd if=/dev/r<disk#> of=/Users/jeff/NameOfFile.img bs=1m
(sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk2 of=/Users/jeff/flashair.img bs=1m)

to restore img to SD card:
sudo dd if=/Users/jeff/flashair.img of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=1m

using gzip to compress:
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk2 bs=1m | gzip > /Users/jeff/flashair.gz

gzip to restore to SD card:
gzip -dc /Users/jeff/flashair.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=1m
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
These original hidden files are the motor behind the FlashAir. They have nothing to do with your CPAP data. Be glad that you couldn't delete them: you would have made a normal SD card of it...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 242 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 311 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,688 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 563 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,087 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,305 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.