Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
Toob - Based off your statements, you are currently the most knowledgeable of this interface. I would recommend that you consider joining the OSCAR development team. Being a member is not required to download the source code and start writing the interface though.

Based off of Arie's statement above and your statements about the Bluetooth interface using the exact same files, I find rather odd that Encore and Encore Pro, being the native software for the Philips line, doesn't make use of this protocol.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2020, 02:56 PM)A KLERK Wrote: So, no charts in Dreammapper when you just use Bluetooth, would mean the same in OSCAR...
If that fits you, just use Dreammapper. If you want charts, you need all data that is on the SD card...
And these are not transmitted over Bluetooth, hence the small footprint...
Now clear?

What's your problem?

OSCAR has better charting etc where Dreammapper has better connectivity. Why is the suggestion to add bluetooth to a future rrelease of OSCAR being met with such disdain?

The charts are generated from the same files that both OSCAR and dreammapper use. So adding bluetooth to OSCAR would not mean using all the files on the sdcard, only the small files previously mentioned per sleep session need to transmitted once a device has been added to OSCAR.

Dreammapper have decided not to show charts like OSCAR does.

The data footprint that dreammapper successfully transmits over bluetooth would be identical in size and bandwidth if it was added to OSCAR to generate its output. 

Is OSCAR not being further developed?
Can we not suggest new features?

If it helps the developers I can share my code that proves the theory which I have added into a copy of OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I already have the source and integrated basic bluetooth data transfer. I've yet to re code setting up the device / profile but in principle there IS enough bluetooth bandwidth to do that which was the original argument.
I've offered later in this thread to share my code but there appears to some kind of issue with suggesting any additional features to OSCAR.
In fact at each post my idea is strongly rejected stating I should stick with dreammapper.
This completely misses the point in my first post where I started to code my own solution to overcome dreammapper's lack of charting before I came across Sleepyhead. Rather than reinventing the wheel I though I would use OSCAR but thought how much better it could be if the end user and myself did not need to use the sdcard to update readings. It may be that the card would be required for initial setup  but from then on bluetooth could be used instead or in addition.
Post Reply Post Reply
Toob, if we can develop a routine to connect to the BT data and write that to OSCAR, it would be a fantastic advancement. As Crimpson Nape suggested earlier, if you can contribute to incorporating that capability into Oscar, you are a very welcome member to the Development Team. Another project on the long-term dream list is to make Oscar compatible with mobile devices. That probably requires some new version of the database structure of the entire program. There is a lot of talent on the development team, but expertise in porting this to the mobile platforms is not there yet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The main issue porting I guess will be replicating the charts as there is nothing built-in in Android to to such nice charting. Would need a decent third party java library or code something from scratch. I developed a health monitoring app for recording cholesterol, blood pressure, sugar and others with charting and gauges but the charting is quite basic in comparison to OSCAR but not to dissimilar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you thinking of porting it only for Android?  Or for laptops/desktops with BLE also?  

By all means, post the code if you wish.  Having BT available for OSCAR and Phillips machines would be a blessing.  As well as BT for some of the oximeters many of us use.  It would be a welcome addition!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Now I am getting greedy too. Do you have working code that reads Bluetooth from a DreamStation? 
That would really be great for OSCAR, no matter what it contains: it could be the missing link between just the machine display and what OSCAR now does...
Go ahead please, send a PM to Bonjour!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to the original subject: using FlashAir Card without Flash on a Mac... 

The CopyCPAP app does not anymore recognize the name of the card, nor the IP address. So, I'm back to where it started: Cannot read the FlashAir Card on my Mac anymore.

Running the app, the following happens:
[attachment=29166][attachment=29167]

Here is the script:
Code:
(* Updated 11 December 2020 *)
###1 Enter your FlashAir card name or IP address below (between the quotes " ")
set diskName to "192.168.2.207"
#
##2 Enter the location you want your xPAP data transferred to (between the quotes " "). The folder (directory) must already exist!
set copyLocation to "/Users/arieklerk/MyCard"
#
##3 Enter the location of OSCAR.app, by default it's /Applications
# if you have it installed on your desktop you can change it to "/Users/yourusername/Desktop
set oscarLocation to "/Applications"
#
#Do not change anything below here ############################
#
# Close any running instances of Terminal
quit application "Terminal"
delay 3
#
#Mount the FlashAir card and make sure it shows up in /Volumes
tell application "Finder"
    try
        if not (exists "/Volumes/" & diskName) then mount volume "http://" & diskName
        repeat until diskName is in (do shell script "ls /Volumes")
            delay 0.2
        end repeat
    on error e
        display dialog "An error occured: " & e
    end try
end tell
#
#Open Terminal and use rsync to copy FlashAir to computer or NAS
tell application "Terminal"
    activate
    do script "rsync -avz -P /Volumes/" & diskName & "/" & " " & copyLocation in window 1
end tell
#Pause the app until rsync is finished
set isBusy to true
repeat until isBusy is false
        tell window 1
            set isBusy to busy as boolean --> Test if busy
        end tell
    end tell
    delay 1 --> Check every second
end repeat
delay 2
#Eject FlashAir so we don't accidently change anything on the card
    try
        eject alias diskName
    end try
end tell
delay 1
# Now open OSCAR and quit Terminal
do shell script "open" & " " & oscarLocation & "/OSCAR.app"
quit application "Terminal"

Here's the latest output of the program:
Code:
    exists "/Volumes/192.168.2.207"
        --> false
    mount volume "http://192.168.2.207"
        --> error number -1708
    «event ascrgdut»
        --> error number -1708
        --> error number -10004
end tell
tell application "Script Editor"
        --> error number -5014
end tell
    display dialog "An error occured: Finder got an error: An error of type -5014 has occurred."
        --> {button returned:"OK"}
end tell
    activate
    do script "rsync -avz -P /Volumes/192.168.2.207/ /Users/arieklerk/MyCard" in window 1
        --> tab 1 of window id 222
    get busy of window 1
        --> false
end tell
    eject alias "192.168.2.207"
        --> error number -1728 from alias "192.168.2.207"
end tell
tell current application
    do shell script "open /Applications/OSCAR.app"
        --> ""
end tell
    quit
end tell

Any help available?
RGDS, Arie
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
First, can you pull up the FlashAir's IP in your web browser or get a response from the command line using, ping -c3 192.168.2.207?  If not, then the FlashAir is not communicating with the network.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Bluetooth is an eventual goal for OSCAR, but there's a lot of foundational work that needs to happen first. And another skilled developer might help speed that along.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 245 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 542 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,238 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.