Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
(01-16-2021, 09:31 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: First, can you pull up the FlashAir's IP in your web browser or get a response from the command line using, ping -c3 192.168.2.207?  If not, then the FlashAir is not communicating with the network.

I tried that of course, before I posted. And on my Windows PC it works flawlessly ... with PlashPAP.
[attachment=29171]
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize.  Ever since I had that head-cold last year, I've lost what psychic ability I had.  Big Grin   That would have been good to know. You have ruled out the FlashAir connection.   Since your problems are with the Mac communicating, have you tried talking to the FlashAir from it? By chance do you have a guest Wi-Fi network? If so, could your Mac be using it instead of the main one?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Red mentioned, your FlashAir card lost the ability to communicate with your WiFi network for some reason.  Try removing the FlashAir card from your machine, reboot the network, then put the FlashAir card back into the machine.

There is something odd in the second code block you posted.  There is a line there that got changed: tell application "Script Editor"
which should be: tell application "Finder"

It's unclear how that got changed......
Not sure if this is some Big Sur anomaly or not...

Edit: I would also recommend rebooting your computer
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 12:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I apologize.  Ever since I had that head-cold last year, I've lost what psychic ability I had.  Big Grin   That would have been good to know.  You have ruled out the FlashAir connection.   Since your problems are with the Mac communicating, have you tried talking to the FlashAir from it?  By chance do you have a guest Wi-Fi network?  If so, could your Mac be using it instead of the main one?

Though slowly, I can communicate with the card and see the latest data there:
[attachment=29176]
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 12:02 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: As Red mentioned, your FlashAir card lost the ability to communicate with your WiFi network for some reason.  Try removing the FlashAir card from your machine, reboot the network, then put the FlashAir card back into the machine.

There is something odd in the second code block you posted.  There is a line there that got changed: tell application "Script Editor"
which should be: tell application "Finder"

It's unclear how that got changed......
Not sure if this is some Big Sur anomaly or not...

Edit: I would also recommend rebooting your computer

Here is exactly what happens. In the script editor can be seen what should happen. Not any reference to "script editor" there! That happens after the first error, saying it cannot find the IP address:
[attachment=29178]
STRANGE!

I have rebooted my MB Air several times...

Post Reply Post Reply
OK! Your Mac can talk to the FlashAir. That is a good thing. So now it seems to boil down to your automation script. MacJeff is going to have to take it from here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Please, can someone have a closer look at the script? On error, it just carries on opening OSCAR needlessly. I do not see anything like goto END.
I tried to change the delay to 10 s, without success...

Jeff????

Post Reply Post Reply
Very odd indeed!

Have there been any updates to Big Sur recently?  I'm still using Catalina and only have Big Sur in a VM....

The first error that shows for "mount volume" is -10004 which is listed as a privilege error.  It's not real clear why you would suddenly be getting a privilege error.  It may be Script Editor or the CopyCPAP script itself .  Double check your permissions for both in System Preferences > Privacy > Files and Folders (and also Full Disk Access) and see if they somehow got unchecked or removed.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 01:51 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Very odd indeed!

Have there been any updates to Big Sur recently?  I'm still using Catalina and only have Big Sur in a VM....

The first error that shows for "mount volume" is -10004 which is listed as a privilege error.  It's not real clear why you would suddenly be getting a privilege error.  It may be Script Editor or the CopyCPAP script itself .  Double check your permissions for both in System Preferences > Privacy > Files and Folders (and also Full Disk Access) and see if they somehow got unchecked or removed.

CopyCPAP.app is listed with full disk access:
[attachment=29180]

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 01:59 PM)A KLERK Wrote: CopyCPAP.app is listed with full disk access:

Could you try adding Script Editor also to test it....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 247 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 542 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,031 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,238 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.