Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
(01-17-2021, 02:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Currently, this problem is only on Mac computers and seems to be related to their new OS version.

I have not had this problem with my 2020 MacBook Pro, Big Sur and latest software updates. Still working great.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using the script as outlined in the preceding posts without problems, then you may have some info that might help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2021, 05:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you are using the script as outlined in the preceding posts without problems, then you may have some info that might help.

I’m using Jeff’s script without any modifications.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good. Other than the variable assignments, does your code look any different from the one listed in http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid380441? This could narrow it down to either the app or the OS.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the new M1 based MacBook Pro you have to hold the power button down while booting up to access the safe mode. There are some other new/quirky key combinations exclusive to the M1 too during boot up.

Whatever you do, don't use Disk Utility on an M1 to erase the boot drive or it will become a brick. I did this with the intension of reinstalling Bug Sur after a time machine transfer to a new machine gave me some nasty results.

I talked to a Senior Tech at Apple for about 2 hours to erase the boot drive with Terminal, go through other gyrations and then reinstall Big Sur.

Disk Utility erase will still work on the Intel based machines. I hope they address this on the M1 machines soon. But, my (wife's) new MBP was successfully resurrected from the dead and is a screaming fast machine.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2021, 06:41 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That's good.  Other than the variable assignments, does your code look any different from the one listed in http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid380441?    This could narrow it down to either the app or the OS.

This is my Script with my User name x'd out

##1 Enter you FlashAir card name or IP address below (between the quotes " ")
set diskName to "192.168.0.150"
#
##2 Enter the location you want your xPAP data transferred to (between the quotes " "). The folder (directory) must already exist
set copyLocation to "/Users/rxxxxxxx/Documents/FlashPap/"
#
##3 Enter the location of OSCAR.app, by default it's /Applications
set oscarLocation to "/Applications"
#
#Do not change anything below here
#Mount the FlashAir card and make sure it shows up in /Volumes
try
mount volume "http://" & diskName
repeat until diskName is in (do shell script "ls /Volumes")
delay 0.2
end repeat
on error e
display dialog "An error occured: " & e
end try
#
#Open Terminal and use rsync to copy FlashAir to computer or NAS
tell application "Terminal"
activate
do script "rsync -avz /Volumes/" & diskName & "/" & " " & copyLocation in window 1
end tell
#Pause the app until rsync is finished
set isBusy to true
repeat until isBusy is false
tell application "Terminal"
tell window 1
set isBusy to busy as boolean --> Test if busy
end tell
end tell
delay 1 --> Check every second
end repeat
delay 1
#Unmount FlashAir so we don't accidently change anything on the card
do shell script "diskutil unmount /Volumes/" & diskName
delay 1
do shell script "open" & " " & oscarLocation & "/OSCAR.app"
quit application "Terminal"
Post Reply Post Reply
The trouble is not in the script, it is in the disability to connect to the card in Finder... I can see the card in Safari, however!
I have disabled my ESET Endpoint Security, without relief. I will try next to uninstall it.

UPDATE: A complete uninstall of ESET did not make any difference.
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2021, 03:44 AM)A KLERK Wrote: The trouble is not in the script, it is in the disability to connect to the card in Finder... I can see the card in Safari, however!
I have disabled my ESET Endpoint Security, without relief. I will try next to uninstall it.

After opening CopyCPAP the first time did you get a pop-up message asking for permission to access FlashAir card files with an unsecured connection? Speculating that this may still be a permissions problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2021, 01:04 PM)Bobaloo Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 03:44 AM)A KLERK Wrote: The trouble is not in the script, it is in the disability to connect to the card in Finder... I can see the card in Safari, however!

After opening CopyCPAP the first time did you get a pop-up message asking for permission to access FlashAir card files with an unsecure connection? Speculating that this could still be a permissions problem.

A realistic question indeed, but I do not believe I ever have seen that question. Furthermore, my Keychain did not show any of the IP addresses I ever used for the card, nor its name.
I have searched the internet extensively for the last three days but did not find anything helpful. Nor -as I would expect- any new threads about Big Sur acting strange with a server...

This morning I started copying my local copy of My Card (2.2 GB) from my Win PC to the NAS. As the PC still happily works with FlashPap, the Mac should be able to use the data on the NAS. 
But it looks like the gods are against me: After 8 hours copying still goes on, with 35-50 kB/second... Really!

UPDATE: Restarting the NAS did a wonder! It acts normally now...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
... and it looks like a nice workaround!
[attachment=29206]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.