Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
This is all very puzzling.  There are now two users who can no longer access the FlashAir using the script, and two who can.  What is different between our systems that is causing this?  Mine is in a VM and I have not installed the latest updates yet.  Is anyone using some type of Anti Virus or anything?  Any system monitoring software? Network monitoring software (DPI or IPS)?
My VM install is essentially OEM.  Nothing extra besides the script and OSCAR.  I tried to recreate the issue but was unsuccessful, it just works in my version of Big Sur.

Several things come to mind.....
The most recent update of Big Sur may have changed something.  Maybe one of the CLI tools or security features.  Apple is usually several versions behind on all of their command line apps, so it may be that they updated something and broke it in the process (much like Java).

When you authorize an app to work on your system the OS stores the info in a database.  It's possible that the database has become corrupt (or at least the entry for CopyCPAP).  
It seem's to be different for signed/notarized (official) apps.  When using a signed/notarized app, when you double click to start it checks with Apples servers to see if it is an authorized app or not.  If it is, the app will run.  If it's not, it checks the local database to see if you authorized it.  If neither then you get that warning about the OS not being able the check for malicious software.

Something to try would be to create a new app and give it a different name (CopyCPAP-2) and see if it works.  When you authorize and run it there should be a new database entry created.  That may, at least, rule out a local database issue.

Do you have automatic updates turned on in System Preferences?  It's a personal choice, but I never auto-update anything.  I usually wait about a month or more to see what pops up on the internet about the update.

I will need to clone my VM and install the latest Big Sur updates and see what happens.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remind you to the fact that I can reach the FlashAir in the browser, but nut in Finder... That is the culprit! When that works, the script will also.
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Arie,  if you wouldn't mind trying a test..

Open a new Script Editor window and paste the following:

Code:
set diskName to "192.168.2.207"
mount volume "http://" & diskName

Don't bother saving it or anything.  Just hit the run button and see if it will mount.  Post a screenshot of the debug window (Replies).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was reading the Big Sur release notes, and I am wondering if Finder uses some type of configuration/parameter file. If so and Apple "improved" this file, it might not have been updated during the upgrade.

Arie - Have you tried to create a new system user and running the MacJeff code in this new user's account? This thought is based on the belief that your current account was probably copied over from your older OS version.

If I am a PITA, just tell me to go eat grits. I'll understand.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
My CopyCPAP desktop app works fine accessing my FlashAir card with Big Sur, with all of the latest Big Sur updates. I don't think Big Sur is the issue at hand. When initially setting everything up, I logged into my modem software and reserved a DHCP IP address solely for access to my FlashAir card. The actual MAC address is printed on the back of the Toshiba FlashAir card. Others have stated that reserving a DHCP can potentially cause some issues, but I've had no problems with this, even when 20 devices are connected to my Gigabit home network. Jeff and others provided some very helpful info to me earlier in this thread. Initially I had a missing WebDav=2 entry in my FlashAir Config file causing problems. I also make sure that Terminal is never already loaded and showing in my taskbar, before running the CopyCPAP app. I'm running 'VirusBarrier' for daily laptop scans. I do not use the sister product 'NetBarrier' as I found it too confusing and problematic to set up. I use the Mac built-in network protection and it is all I need. I'm fortunate that my laptop usually finds my FlashAir card very quickly, and the latest overnight sleep files only take about 20 seconds to download from the card. I use my VM Windows 10 only to occasionally extract Contec CMS50F O2 Sat data for import into Oscar.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you please confirm whether you can reach the card from Finder? CMD + K and fill in the IP address should work AFAIK...
[attachment=29210]

I mean: ALL of you, please?
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2021, 03:54 PM)A KLERK Wrote: Can you please confirm whether you can reach the card from Finder? CMD + K and fill in the IP address should work AFAIK...

Within my Finder using CMD + K and my IP address, a pop-up message popped up:

After I clicked on "Connect", it instantly connected to the FlashAir card
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
Arie, in your previous screenshot:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29210]

What happens when you click connect with http://192.168.2.207 in the address bar?
The others you have in there will not work. To the best of my knowledge FlashAir is not capable of SMB or AFP.

Have you tried the test script I posted?  It should bypass Finder to connect which would tell us if it is Finder causing the issue or something else.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2021, 03:21 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Arie,  if you wouldn't mind trying a test..

Open a new Script Editor window and paste the following:

Code:
set diskName to "192.168.2.207"
mount volume "http://" & diskName

Don't bother saving it or anything.  Just hit the run button and see if it will mount.  Post a screenshot of the debug window (Replies).

Sorry Jeff, I missed that one. Will do asap!

LATER:
First, here is what happens when I hit the Connect button:
[attachment=29224]
And here is the result of the tiny script:
[attachment=29225]

Post Reply Post Reply
After starting this thread, I'm glad to see other have been helped along the way. I come back now because I am once again lost. Have no idea what happened. As I mentioned upthread a couple days back, I was doing ok for a nice run. Then my CopyCPAP just stopped dead and won't connect. I tried Command K and all it does is try to connect to no avail:
[Image: R2D3wQd.png]

I tried pinging and it's intermittent, getting 100% packet loss again.

Don't know where to start troubleshooting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.