Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
I see what you are getting at Red. It defaulted to 755 when it was first saved. I changed it to 500 just now on the new app and it went through a dry run fine (data was already copied for today, will try tomorrow with the new app).

I checked the history of the modified file in question (CopyCPAP2.app) and the OS shows the last modified date as January 03, 2021. Which doesn't make any sense since the file was obviously modified sometime between yesterday and today. I know there are ways to manipulate the date on files but this one has me stumped.
My memory may not be what it once was but I know I never changed that file in the last 24 hours!

I have checked for hidden system files related to the app (saved application state, etc.) and have come up empty. Even checked the files extended attributes (xattr) and they are the same as my other local scripts/apps, so nothing special there. No hints in console either.

I am open to any other suggestions you might have.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CopyCPAP now back up and running. Seems it was a wifi proximity and/or signal drop issue. Now the problem seems to be OSCAR. It's asking me to insert the data card when it should just update the new data. Any thoughts on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card as I was advised.

But I haven't a clue what the next step is.

Can anyone post a link to or have step-by-step instructions to use it to transmit the data using my OSCAR software??

I use both Windows 10 and OSCAR loaded on that.

Would greatly appreciate, as I am totally lost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, I have found the cause of one problem... (at least on my end)

My home suffers from occasional brownouts (low voltage).  Usually not enough to notice on most things but apparently my UPS failed and I wasn't aware of it so my network went down 3 times since last night, and this afternoon all power was lost for about 30 seconds.

When I went to run the script just a few minutes ago it just froze, wouldn't do anything. Had to force quit it.  The rest of the network was back up and running, just could not connect to my FlashAir as others had reported.
It seems that my xPAP powers up much faster than the rest of my network so when the FlashAir tried to connect to the network there was nothing there and at some point it just gave up.  It generally takes about 10 minutes for my entire network to get back up and running and FlashAir must time out much shorter than that.

Once I checked the rest of my gear I went back to my xPAP to make sure it still had power.  Looked good so I removed the FlashAir card, waited a minute, then reinserted it.  Ping was back as well as arp for the FlashAir address.  Then the script worked like a charm!

So, for Mac users who are using the CopyCPAP script, if it won't connect to your FlashAir and you can't ping it,  try removing the card and reinserting it.  It may resolve the issue.

I'm still looking into other issues.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2021, 03:24 PM)MCS2014 Wrote: CopyCPAP now back up and running. Seems it was a wifi proximity and/or signal drop issue. Now the problem seems to be OSCAR. It's asking me to insert the data card when it should just update the new data. Any thoughts on this?

The window that pops up should give you the option to "Specify" where the data is located.  Should be the location that you have listed in your CopyCPAP.app next to: set copyLocation to "/whatever/location/you/have"
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2021, 05:15 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: So, for Mac users who are using the CopyCPAP script, if it won't connect to your FlashAir and you can't ping it,  try removing the card and reinserting it.  It may resolve the issue.

I'm still looking into other issues.....

Thanks for the update. Did you go ahead and modify your CopyCPAP script code to avoid Finder?
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2021, 05:23 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 03:24 PM)MCS2014 Wrote: CopyCPAP now back up and running. Seems it was a wifi proximity and/or signal drop issue. Now the problem seems to be OSCAR. It's asking me to insert the data card when it should just update the new data. Any thoughts on this?

The window that pops up should give you the option to "Specify" where the data is located.  Should be the location that you have listed in your CopyCPAP.app next to: set copyLocation to "/whatever/location/you/have"

When I clicked on CopyCPAP to get wireless data from my Toshiba FlashAir card, it took me right to the OSCAR page where all I would need to do is click on Daily View and the data would update. For some unknown reason, I am getting this error message now:

[Image: aLnAUgM.png]
This is what I should be getting automatically after clicking on Daily View:

[Image: 3V1iz96.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2021, 06:05 PM)Bobaloo Wrote: Thanks for the update. Did you go ahead and modify your CopyCPAP script code to avoid Finder?

No, I am still testing that part.  It can't be completely eliminated.  There was an issue with AppleScript understanding "unmount" so it needed to use "eject" with Finder instead.  It's a bit fussy.  But the "mount volume" part seems to be fine without Finder.  I would just like to put it through a bunch of tests using a dry run to see if anything happens.  And maybe add something to have it ping first just to make sure FlashAir is reachable before moving on.

And still scratching my head over how the original file changed it's contents without leaving a trace in the file history.  Been using 500 for permissions and it has been good so far.  Except when you go to edit the file and forget to change it back to editable! Smile
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
@MCS2014, It looks like OSCAR forgot the location.  Did you happen to insert the card into you computer when FlashAir was unreachable?

When you get the first screenshot click "Choose a Folder" button.  That should open a file manager window where you can direct it to the location where FlashAir data is being copied to.

After you get that set, the second window should go back to normal.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2021, 02:59 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: @MCS2014, It looks like OSCAR forgot the location.  Did you happen to insert the card into you computer when FlashAir was unreachable?

When you get the first screenshot click "Choose a Folder" button.  That should open a file manager window where you can direct it to the location where FlashAir data is being copied to.

After you get that set, the second window should go back to normal.
Since I recently discovered that the wifi signal was weak and would stop working intermittently unless I moved the machine closer to the router, I purchased a wifi extender. It appears to have fixed the signal loss, but I am still experiencing connection issues where it takes a few tries at first before it connects. Why it goes dormant and then needs a few tried before it re-connects is a mystery. Once it connects, everything works ok: it opens up to OSCAR, I then click on File>Import CPAP Card Data and it goes automatically to asking me to import the data, I click yes, but now the data didn't update.  Could it be that the switch on the card was locked? Something else?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 245 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,236 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.