Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
Make sure the APPAUTOTIME parameter is set to zero. Otherwise, the FlashAir will go to sleep.

APPAUTOTIME: Written in 1/1000 sec. The amount of time the app/Wi-Fi stays online after power up. Zero (0) sets this parameter to stay on full time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2021, 01:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Make sure the APPAUTOTIME parameter is set to zero.    Otherwise, the FlashAir will go to sleep.

APPAUTOTIME:  Written in 1/1000 sec. The amount of time the app/Wi-Fi stays online after power up.  Zero (0) sets this parameter to stay on full time.

Forgive me, but how do I get in to confirm this again?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is in your CONFIG file on the FlashAir.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2021, 03:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is in your CONFIG file on the FlashAir.

For the life of me, cannot seem to get into the CONFIG file. Tried these instructions: https://www.cognitial.com/faqs/configuri...i-sd-card/
Still is going into sleep mode and unable to connect. Pls advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Am able to connect ok last few days. After clicking on CopyCPAP, it will ask to connect, then builds file list, then opens to OSCAR but then doesn't automatically go to this window to open the data as it did before:
[Image: QMEtah9.png]

What do I need to do now?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2021, 01:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Make sure the APPAUTOTIME parameter is set to zero.    Otherwise, the FlashAir will go to sleep.

APPAUTOTIME:  Written in 1/1000 sec. The amount of time the app/Wi-Fi stays online after power up.  Zero (0) sets this parameter to stay on full time.

The FlashAir now seems to be working ok and has not been going to sleep, but I am not able to grab data from the card while it's in the XPAP. It opens to OSCAR and asks to to import the data, but nothing shows up. When the card is in the USB slot in the mac, it updates fine. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your FlashAir is too far from your Wi-Fi access point when it's in the CPAP. This can be distance, or you have an interfering signal between the two. You might try using an SD extending cable to raise the height of the card for a better signal. The downside is you won't win any fashion awards with it stuck up on your wall.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2021, 01:21 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your FlashAir is too far from your Wi-Fi access point when it's in the CPAP.   This can be distance, or you have an interfering signal between the two.  You might try using an SD extending cable to raise the height of the card for a better signal.  The downside is you won't win any fashion awards with it stuck up on your wall.

So it appears that distance/interference isn't the issue since I tried moving the CPAP within a few feet from the modem and ran the cycle and it still fails to update to OSCAR in the last couple days. I had also purchased a wifi extender leaving the CPAP and was able to update before fine, then it stopped. I was thinking something's wrong with the destination folder so I deleted it and tried to download FlashPAP. In the meantime, I loaded the card in the computer and the data updated ok. I am at a loss as to how to restore wireless communication data transfer. This is extremely complex to configure each time when it's a new problem. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually the wireless access point is a router and not a computer. Having the CPAP near your computer doesn't mean a thing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I am somewhat reluctant to suggest these things, as they come under the category of, if you have to be told how to do this, you probably shouldn't be the one doing it, but here goes.

To help improve WiFi performance, mainly because of congestion or weak signal attenuation (on your 2.4Ghz):
  • Ensure Transmit power is 100%
  • Turn off any guest networks 
  • Turn off Channel Hopping (Auto),  only use Channels 1, 6 or 11 (Test each for better performance)
  • Turn off Channel Bonding (set bandwidth to 20 Mhz instead of 40)
  • WiFi extenders can actually hurt performance, if you issue is congestion not distance.
Since the FlashAir is a 2.4 GHZ device only the 2.4 network is addressed.

Be aware, some of these suggestions should only be used to address issues caused by congestion and can actually reduce network performance on non-congested networks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 74 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.