Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
(02-17-2021, 08:44 AM)Bobaloo Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 04:19 AM)MCS2014 Wrote: [Image: tQrjMof.png]

I used to get this error box when Terminal was already loaded. You can see if it is already open in the lower dock apps bar. Terminal cannot already be loaded before launching the desktop script CPAP app.
Bingo, you're right, I had Terminal open. Not getting that message any longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2021, 06:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Just so I understand, your username on your computer is, "computeruser2" and not "MCS2014"?

That is correct. MCS2014 is my forum handle.

I'm noticing that CopyCPAP is infrequently not responding as indicated by the spinning beachball and when I force quit and click run again, it will eventually connect and then open to OSCAR. Don't know why that is. Also, the data is still not loading to OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have split the posts that deal with the FYSETC SD Wifi card into its own thread. I see this subject as taking a life of its own.

Here is the link to the new thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eplacement
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Need help to pick up where I left off. It seems everything works ok until I get to trying to load wirelessly to the file.
Here is where I'm at now:

- using Mac OS Big Sur v11.2.3
- running Parallels 15
- Oscar v1.2.0 installed on both Mac & Win10
- FlashPap installed on Mac
- Toshiba Flash Air III Wireless SD Memory Card 16GB
- I am able to download and read all data to both Oscar versions to the current date from the card in the card reader plugged in the USB port in the Mac
- I am unable to load the data wirelessly from the DreamStation to Oscar.

When I attempt this from FlashPap, and here is what happens in succession:

[Image: 0d3amZi.png]

I click run and then get this:

[Image: q0bVlqq.png]

It then automatically clicks over to Oscar (Mac version in this case). I click on File<Import CPAP Card Data. This windows pops up showing the folder I preselcted:
[Image: wSJiuUi.png]

I click "yes" and no new data loads.

That's where I'm stuck and cannot figure out why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your rsync is storing the CPAP data to : /Users/computeruser2/Downloads/FlashAirData/

OSCAR is looking to import data from: Volumes/ULTRABACKUP/CPAP READINGS

Those are completely 2 different locations.  Do you move the data between the 2 directories and that step is not listed in your post?  If not, then you need to point OSCAR to, /Users/computeruser2/Downloads/FlashAirData/.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2021, 07:02 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your rsync is storing the CPAP data to : /Users/computeruser2/Downloads/FlashAirData/

OSCAR is looking to import data from: Volumes/ULTRABACKUP/CPAP READINGS

Those are completely 2 different locations.  Do you move the data between the 2 directories and that step is not listed in your post?  If not, then you need to point OSCAR to, /Users/computeruser2/Downloads/FlashAirData/.

I changed OSCAR to import to /Users/computeruser2/Downloads/FlashAirData/ and it imported the last missing reading.  Thanks

We'll see how long it will work without interruption this time.

Question: When I click the CopyCPAP icon I have saved in the dock, nothing happens unless I left click and select Quit, click on the icon again, then click Run and it does its cycle. Is that normal? I don't recall taking those steps before.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a TP-Link RE450 WiFi extender to remedy the issue of intermittent signal loss from the CPAP machine to the router/modem. I am good for about a week or so then start to experience signal loss again (see error window below that pops up once this starts to occur) and have no idea as to why. I have tried moving the extender to different locations to no avail. This has been haunting me for the last few months with no remedy. I have also tried unplugging the CPAP with no change. Eventually, I need to completely reboot the extender to get it to finally re-connect. Such a hassle. Any remedies?

[Image: SUFzFMg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I have determined that the wireless signal disconnect is coming from the DreamStation machine and not the router/modem or the wifi signal.  I have tried troubleshooting with 2 different wifi extenders and without and in all instances, the machine (or the Toshiba FlashAir card itself) drops the signal. Unless I move the machine within a few feet from the router or use it with an extender (and then unplug/replug once the signal drops), I will not be able to get or maintain the signal. I understand that proximity is a factor but that's what the extender is for, however, I should not keep losing the connection every couple days. Any advice greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Ok, need some help guys Annoyed-and-disappointed . Does anyone have expertise with these wireless memory cards?

Since the Toshiba memory card is the device that sends the signal and the signal keeps dropping even when using a wifi extender, then wouldn't the problem be the card? I have no way to get the machine closer to the wifi since the room I sleep in is on the opposite side of the house and in another room. What other diagnostics can I do? Assuming it's the card that's dropping the signal, what is the remedy?? Google search say the best cards have a 100' range should be plenty, otherwise it wouldn't connect in the first place. Why it loses its connection is something else. Interference? Nothing I can tell.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a little more info is needed. I have a stick-built Sheetrock home, 35’ away, thru 2 walls and a fair bunch of household items in between. And the signal is solid.

Is your house vintage with lath and plaster and chicken wire walls or Sheetrock? Metal or wood studs? And what is the distance from Toshiba WiFi to your home router? Through how many walls and through what kind of stuff? Do you have insulation in the home with aluminum skin?

I have the 64 card, what is yours?

Edit:
Ok, just looked back through some of your journey on this issue. It looks like some of the stuff I'm asking for have already been answered. And maybe some of the other things are a moot point. Maybe you were just lucky and got a flaky card. It looks like you have done everything I would have, but still have drop-outs. Sorry to hear, if it is just a bad SD Card.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 242 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 311 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,688 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 565 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,088 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,305 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.