Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring oxygen saturation?
Monitoring oxygen saturation?
Hi. I am looking for help. I have mostly central sleep apnea with a bit of obstructive as well. While my numbers are good, according to the machine, I continue to feel that I'm not getting enough air at times during the night because I wake up with headaches and feeling very foggy.

I can't quite figure out what kind of 02 sat monitor i can use with my machine. It's an Aircurve 10 ASV.  Can anyone help?

I am having a difficult time at the moment, including cognitive issues due to headaches and poor sleep, so I cannot wade through much technical material. I would be really grateful to just be pointed toward an 02 Sat monitor product that would work with my machine so i can see if the 02 saturation is better than what it feels like to me. I want a device that will record it all night long so I will know if there are times that it significantly drops.

Many thanks,
Midge
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Monitoring oxygen saturation?
Hi Midge82 - Welcome

While Resmed does make an oximeter, it usually proves too costly for most people.  For this reason many of us use one of the Contec CMS-50 models. The "F" and "I" models are the preferred units with the D+(plus) model coming in third.  The reason for this is the F and I models strap on like a watch and employ a finger probe.  The D+ model is an all-in-one unit that is somewhat bulky and can require special attention to keep it on during a sleep session.  All the unit's data can be viewed with SpO2 Assistant software, provided by the manufacturer or imported into SleepyHead.   SleepyHead allows a direct import or a file import together or separate from your CPAP's data.

I hope I've provided the answer you are seeking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Midge82,

The ResMed O2 monitor is very expensive at something over $1,000. There's a brand called Contec that makes a 50 series monitor, available on Amazon and other places that's highly recommended. It typically does integrate with Sleepyhead charts, and should be available for well under $100.

Others likely have more specific Contec info than I do on the best selection.

PS Crimson Nape beat my post, including more details on Contec.

Coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
When I had a question on oxygen levels, my sleep doctor loaned me a monitor for overnight use. It wasn't compatible with Sleepyhead but he read the results and said I was OK oxygen-wise. My DME also had one I could have borrowed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question CPAP FF Masks with Oxygen Port DrAHI 2 126 01-06-2019, 05:07 AM
Last Post: DrAHI
  Low Oxygen Levels On VPAP airbusA346 23 452 12-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Monitoring need for treatment pwlxu84 1 163 12-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Oxygen Concentrator RLSdss 6 249 11-26-2018, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Clay L
  Low Oxygen Levels on CPAP idobelieveinfairies 4 303 11-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  supplemental oxygen RLSdss 6 332 09-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Contec CMS50F oximeter accuracy - oxygen drops with one OA more then multiple OA MyronH 2 356 08-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.