Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Month in to CPAP, seeking some guidance for CA's
Month in to CPAP, seeking some guidance for CA's
Howdy.

As title says, Im brand new to CPAP (received my Airsense 11 on Feb 22, 2023) and this is post #1 for me here.

I am having CA events. They wake me up, and leave me gasping for air. Keeping my full face mask (ResMed F20Airfit) on is a honest-to-goodness fight that i seem to be losing sometimes. I do sleep on my back  and am actively working to change that - constant readjustment of positionif i wake and find myself on my back, intentionally falling asleep on my side instead of my back. I chin tuck, although to what extreme or degree i am unsure. Im waiting for a collar to show up, but it will be a few days until it arrives. 

I found another website, and on a members suggestion I changed my settings from cpap 8cm, ramp 4, epr 4, to apap 7-15. EPR 0, and no ramp. It was then suggested I go up on the min to either 8 or 9, depending upon my comfort level. Am at 9-15, epr 0, no ramp as of this moment.

I am unsure of what to do, how to proceed and all that. do i just go into limp mode, call my therapist and plead for help? was i mistaken in changing my pressure from prescribed to what was suggested? i was hoping for some relief from my terrible sleep,  but so far this is just worse. can anyone offer any suggestions, even if it is just to call my dr?

heres some data - I will provide whatever else is needed. I have data as far back as my start date if need be. I am unsure what is required of me. i hope im not breaking any protocols or anything, right from the jump. thanks in advance, also. (in case it is relevant - this was from a nap this afternoon, nap was approx 1hr15min total. i wasnt sure what to leave visible for the thumbnail so i zoomed into a section that showed my leaks, and events at the same time)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 99 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 888 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 466 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 251 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 209 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,244 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.