Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More Rental Questions
More Rental Questions
Okay so I have about decided to let the Dreamstation go back and try a ResMed. Couple of questions about this. If I let the machine go back my pulmonologist should have the correct software to read the ResMed card correct? Even though I have been changing my own pressures how will the sleep doctor change pressures without a DME if needed? Also, has anyone had good luck with the Airsense 10 off of Amazon read one bad review that said it wasn't able to be registered? 

Sorry for all the questions, 

Thanks Jordan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More Rental Questions
If you can, read your information into Sleepyhead. It will hold that info as well. Yes, doc should be able to read it. You could call and ask in advance - if you need to, bring your Sleepyhead Data in. Sleep doctor doesn't have to change pressures if you do it yourself. I've never had the DME change pressures at all - I did it myself. Download the clinical manual for the Resmed machine.

FWIW, on an Airsense, you press the big button and the home button at the same time for about 5 seconds. Then scroll in the clinical data until you find the pressure adjustment.

<<Also, has anyone had good luck with the Airsense 10 off of Amazon read one bad review that said it wasn't able to be registered? >>

No but contact the seller for an explanation. Ask them about warranty coverage because if your machine can't be registered, I don't know if there is warranty coverage.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More Rental Questions
Got it all straightened out today. Called pulmonologist and they said it could be read with their software. 

Also, was very surprised when I called my DME and complained about the Dreamstation that they had a ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet on the shelf. They happily swapped them out. It even came with the ClimateLine! Very happy to say the least.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 150 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.