Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More SvO2 A$$t/CMS50F 'issues' -- missing session
Exclaimation 
More SvO2 A$$t/CMS50F 'issues' -- missing session
Last night's sleep was interrupted by my supposed caretaker, who informed me she had an urgent need to go potty. I turned off the AS10 AS and stopped the CMS50F recording, took her out, then turned both devices back on (recording in the oximeter) and tried to sink into restful sleep for the next 3+ hours. Loaded the AS10 data into SH, then extracted the (single! <gasp>) data file from the oximeter.

I've previously successfully recorded multiple sessions on the oximeter -- but never with a break of just over 6 minutes. Do we have any oximeter bit-brains who can tell me how the SpO2 A$$istant saves files, and what circumstances cause it to begin overwriting?

Is the first session still on the device, and if so how can I access it?

Thanks for any comments, even those I don't want to hear!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More SvO2 A$$t/CMS50F 'issues' -- missing session
As far as I know the "F" model only records a single session. The "I"(eye) model can record up to 14 sessions, depending on the length of each session.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape! That may be, though I remember recording and uploading several days' data a few weeks ago. (I've had an astonishingly poor memory since my childhood, and now that I'm a very old man...)

Although I realize the data are probably gone, I hope that isn't the case -- especially because the first half of the night was sound sleep (with some large and very large Large Leaks) and I would dearly like to compare the two sessions.

I know a few folks have hacked at the files, and some have done so by analyzing the CMS50F data. However, everything I've found was in support of SleepyHead. I'm not finding any development or hacking of the device's interface or storage. <sob>
Post Reply Post Reply
The only software editing that I'm aware of is the bug fix that entered SH v1. Version 0.9.8 worked fine during import from either the file or the device.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, fixed my funky SpO2 file yesterday.

Clearly there are some very clever guys who are working on xPAP devices and associated software; I was hoping to find one of them had gotten irked at the S$$istant quirks and improved or replaced it.

I've taken a peek at the d'load stream with an eye toward understanding the way the data are organized though I'm really only interested in the CMS50's interface (the app that accesses, stores and retrieves the data) OR, worst case, th internal database configuration and structure.

I'm so frustrated with the sloppy interface and the device's functionality that I wish I could develope an app to replace SpO2 Assistant.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to download the source code for SleepyHead and peruse the file, serialoximeter.cpp, for an insight on how the data is accessed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 04:18 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You may wish to download the source code for SleepyHead and peruse the file, serialoximeter.cpp, for an insight on how the data is accessed.

Something strange is going on here, Crimson Nape! The older I get, the smarter and wiser you get! Egg-selent suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 04:50 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: .  .  .  Egg-selent suggestion!

Egg-xactly!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it's not /that/ simple... You'll want to look at the cms50F37 (I think) loader plugin as well... It gets kind of convoluted
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 09:44 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Well, it's not /that/ simple... You'll want to look at the cms50F37 (I think) loader plugin as well... It gets kind of convoluted

Huh. Nothing ever is. But that's okay -- in fact, that really is great. At some point (in the far distant future?) somebody is going to jump in and cobble a decent interface for the CMS50s if for no other reason than to end my frequent tear-jerker posts. OTOH, I do believe that miracles happen, so I suppose it's within the realm of probability that I might actually accomplish it. That "one-in-a-million" one... No, perhaps probability has nothing to do with this objective.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing data hadan 0 116 04-01-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: hadan
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 235 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 978 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,673 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,557 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 382 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 712 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.