Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More Z-1 bits: hours
RE: More Z-1 bits: hours
Lakeranger,
Did you buy the powerpack for the Z1 or do you have a different power option? If you purchased the battery pack make sure yu try it out a few times first. With your pressure set at 8-17 as long as you spend most of the night near 8 I think you will be able to easily get through the night with power to spare. At 13 I'd estimate about 5.5-6 hours based on my experience.

The F&P150 (I have one) will not affect the Z1 at all and there is a noise remedy soon to be released so you wont need to tote that alone and can use the Z1 HME for humidity. The HME is tested to 7days but I have personally used them for over 2 weeks and tossed them only because I was done twith the trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider for your prompt response. I thought I had an old Respironics M series water reservoir similar to the one pictured but mine has rectangular openings and not the circular tube connections. I purchased the F&P HC150 stand-alone humidifier with the Z-1 Auto but it's a bit too large for traveling by air with only a carry-on bag. So I'll probably only use the light-weight water container from the HC150, either as a passive humidifier or as only a sound muffler. I'll use the entire humidifier if traveling by motor vehicle. I'm concerned if placing the humidifier in-line between the blower and mask, either with only the water container or the entire humidifier, will somehow effect the proper operation of the Z-1's automatic feature of setting the pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill-e, Thanks for the info on using either a humidifier or just the container with the Z-1. I hope they do come out with a remedy for the noise but from reading other posts in dealing with HDM, I'm not so sure. Didn't they indicate that the Z-1 would be upgradable to the auto and now they have reneged on that promise?
Post Reply Post Reply
Lakeranger,

I believe that the release of the fix will be soon though I have no idea how it will be marketed.

I have no insight into what was or wasn't said or promised initially, I just purchased the Z1 and used it until I was re-diagnosed for an APAP device.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just returned from a 3 week trip to the wilderness of central Oregon (Ochoco National Forest) fighting a large forest fire. I used the Z1 Auto every night having it run through the water container of a F&P HC150 humidifier. I don't carry the humidifier - only the container to use as a muffler for the noise the Z1 produces through the tubing. The humidifier uses too much electricity to use on 12V and it is too bulky to pack. I love the small size of the unit and it does work well after figuring out a way to eliminate the noise the unit produces. While I was on this trip I received an email from HDM, the manufacturer of the Z1 Auto, advising me that their muffler, the QTube, is now available for purchase. It is $34.95 plus shipping. I'm not happy with HDM as they should be providing this muffler at no cost to their registered users of the Z1 Auto. We purchased this APAP in good faith that it was as quite as advertised but it is not and is a noisy device, as attested to by many disgruntled customers. In fact, HDM recently removed their discussion forum probably due to the number of complaints. At this time I will NOT recommend that anyone purchase anything from HDM due to their total lack of good will and service to their customers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 278 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 496 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 529 01-11-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.