Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More early night blockages, therefore is Auto better?
More early night blockages, therefore is Auto better?
Hi,
   My third post!
     I have an AirMini. I note that when woken during the night, usually by west highland terriers barking at roos on the lawn, that my reading may be over 5, but in the morning can be back to 2.7 blockages on average. I assume then most blockages are in the early part of the night. I noticed this also in my trial of the Airsense machine, weeny major obstructions were in the first ten minutes of sleep. 
Would I be better, then, to set to APAP instead of CPAP?
Can any experienced people help on this?
Scarper
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More early night blockages, therefore is Auto better?
Welcome to the forum.

The honest answer is that for you I do not know.  This is because it depends on what exactly is driving your events.

In general, yes, most people would be better having an APAP alter settings as your conditions vary through the night, are you sleeping on your left side, your back, or your right side, are you in REM sleep or another phase.  An Auto CPAP will adjust to the events that occur through the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More early night blockages, therefore is Auto better?
Thank you Fred,
I am sometimes on my side and sometimes on my back. I will monitor the difference.
Scarper
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 386 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,967 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Early awakenings - CPAP Help Sonatine600 0 348 11-22-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Sonatine600
  Why do I get the big leaks early in the morning. Columbiabill 4 507 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Waking early hours v breathless and weak pulse Chalkie 5 663 10-03-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.