Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More facemask woes. Adviced needed, please.
More facemask woes. Adviced needed, please.
I have now been using my F&P Ikon APAP for a week. I also have a Simplus (medium) face mask. I have been having a lot of problems with the mask. When I am settling in for sleep everything is fine. No leaks, reasonable comfort...etc... During the night I roll on my back (I have tried many ways to stop this happening to no avail) and my jaw drops open. I start to snore and the seal is broken on the lower part of the mask. I have ordered a chin strap to keep the jaw from dropping during the snoring events but I fear that isn't going to be the total answer.

When I have awoken on my back the mask seems to be leaking all over the place and body movements seem to have made the mask come loose. So...is there a full over-the-face mask that will stay on and seal for the whole night? Otherwise I have wasted my money on a machine which, to all intents and purposes, is useless.

When I say full mask I mean I will even go to wearing a full darn helmet if I have to!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More facemask woes. Adviced needed, please.
Stroppy, have you tried having the hose coming from above your head either over a bed head or you can buy a product called a hose lift or make one yourself if you are handy. It pulls the mask up instead of down and saves you getting tangled. Also have you tried mask liners? The mask you are talking about is a Fit Life, I'm not sure where you are getting your accesories from or what state you are in, some sleep apnea places will rent equipment and you can change as often as you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Stroppy,
Have you considered going to a different type of mask?
Sometimes it takes trying quite a few different ones 'til you find what works for you.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There is also the Hans Rudolph mask..
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I'm typing this, mask on, ready for sleep on my Android pad. I'm dreading the night ahead. What's a "Hans Rudolph mask"?

EDIT: Just looked them up... Doesn't look all that different to the Simplus, sadly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a nasal mask like the P10?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,527 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 99 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,068 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.