Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More leaks? Less AHI? New mask..help?
RE: More leaks? Less AHI? New mask..help?
I will try this! is blowout normal? I figured full mask would have less issue than a pillow =0
Post Reply Post Reply
I can think of 2 things that can occur. 1. Your face muscles relax during sleep, changing your facial definition. 2. You set the mask tension while your head was in one position. During sleep, you tuck your chin causing the tension to be reduced.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://imgur.com/3WQHn8L

Mask doesnt seem to be working for me. higher AHI andmore leaks =/ although atleast this time it lasted all night
Post Reply Post Reply
The first large leak is likely mouth breathing (flat top), the second is a mask leak (from mask seals) that clearly woke you twice, or at least caused you to stop the machine twice. This can be caused by side sleeping where the pillow is pushing the mask aside.

Reread the Mask Primer in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data looks positional. People forget to think about the pillow they are using. The way it interacts with you and the mask can make or break your sleep. With that said, there is no one mask that will work with everyone.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2021, 11:48 AM)Gideon Wrote: The first large leak is likely mouth breathing (flat top), the second is a mask leak (from mask seals) that clearly woke you twice, or at least caused you to stop the machine twice.  This can be caused by side sleeping where the pillow is pushing the mask aside.  

Reread the Mask Primer in my signature.

its not mouth breathing. i dont breath out my mouth and this is a full mask so even if i did it would be ok
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2021, 11:54 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your data looks positional.  People forget to think about the pillow they are using.  The way it interacts with you and the mask can make or break your sleep.   With that said, there is no one mask that will work with everyone.

how is it positional?

also its a full mask, while the nasal pillow ive been using has far less leaks/issues. its really odd you would think full would be better
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2021, 11:48 AM)Gideon Wrote: The first large leak is likely mouth breathing (flat top), the second is a mask leak (from mask seals)

If that was my leakage, the first flat one (around 2:20) would be a mask leak and the spiky one (around 4:20) clairly mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It really feels like my nasal pillow is doing a better job with leaks. No idea how... cause the other one is a full mask. But it certainly seems to be doing MUCH better

https://imgur.com/iNLFolj

Any ideas why?
Post Reply Post Reply
could be it simply fits and therefore seals better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.