Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More than sleep apnea
More than sleep apnea
I am realizing that there must be more wrong with my sleep than sleep apnea. Yes the forced air is stopping my gasping for air at night and no or few night time bathroom breaks are good. But I just cannot get a good sleep. I had thought I had found a mask that worked for me, but now it is not...its been an awful...seeing my regular doc next week to see what my options are...

I am so sleepy, going for a nap.....

Story
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More than sleep apnea
I am in the exact situation here. I'm trying everything. At the point now to just throw everything in the trash!!!. I think I'm better but still feel tired sometimes .
Post Reply Post Reply
Both of you are still new to PAP.
You forgot to read all the posts that suggest to need to go through a dozen or more masks to find the right one.
Keep PAPing and trying new masks and one day your body will have healed to the point where to forget to take your afternoon nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well guys, you are not doing or expressing anything that has not been said by many or most of us in the past.

What I would tell you is it is time to step back and see what's going on that's right, and what's going on that needs to be better.

To help you with that we need statistics. We need to know what your original ahi was, what it is now, and what pressures you are set on, and so forth.

So more info is helpful that we might help you.

What is not helpful is to get so discouraged that you want to "throw everything in the trash." Know that this therapy has worked for many many others, and it will work for you. But it requires your continued commitment to get that done.

So good job reporting your feelings, that's the first step. Now lets get to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2014, 12:42 PM)bwexler Wrote: Both of you are still new to PAP.
You forgot to read all the posts that suggest to need to go through a dozen or more masks to find the right one.
Keep PAPing and trying new masks and one day your body will have healed to the point where to forget to take your afternoon nap.

Don't give up. I've been though maybe a dozen masks, including probably 4 that I bought over the Internet, not from my DME, because my DME only sells Phillips Respironics masks.

The one that woks perfectly is ugly and has a design that's probably 20 years old, and I love it.

Before I got my CPAP machine, I spent decades feeling like crap. Now I wake up and think "Hey, I feel pretty awesome!" and naps are something I might take on a weekend, as an infrequent treat, if I have time, not something I need every day to just deal with life.

Don't give up. Also don't settle. if things aren't working out, change stuff. Equipment, settings, DME providers, doctors, whatever is necessary.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
OK...I am on my 5th mask, this one seems mainly OK, low leaks, it stays on...

I am fine with dealing with the air pressure, the machine has stopped my waking up gasping for air, no bathroom breaks anymore...

then the nasty stuff.

I am on a fixed pressure of 10, I was on 9 until they changed it to 10 for Wednesday night, did not inform me, had a rough night..

Major sleepiness, this morning just felt like going back to bed. Looking at my data I can see the OSs are way down, still getting a few CAs, these I am beginning to feel are Sleep/Wake/Junk as I don't have any of the criteria for brain damage, well mostly, lol...

I have one query, I notice that I have a few Periodic Breathing episodes, and I have noticed that I tend to stop breathing when I am out and about, have to remind myself to take a breath...Can't seem to get the sleep tech attention with that one, should I be concerned??

I have attached a table of some data for the last week if anyone has the time to take a look, that would be great...

going for a nap...

all the best,

S
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking but see no table?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 03:00 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: I'm looking but see no table?

the board software does not like RTF files, so I made a Wod doc, its there now...:-)

S
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't get this way in a few weeks, and you are not going to get better in a few weeks. It does take some time for the vast majority, and in the interim you have to focus on the positives, even if they are small positives, one small step a step at a time and sooner or later you feel much better and don't even realize it. hang in there because throwing it all in the trash will just insure you're not getting better.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 05:08 PM)Galactus Wrote: You didn't get this way in a few weeks, and you are not going to get better in a few weeks. It does take some time for the vast majority, and in the interim you have to focus on the positives, even if they are small positives, one small step a step at a time and sooner or later you feel much better and don't even realize it. hang in there because throwing it all in the trash will just insure you're not getting better.

throwing it all in the trash was not me...:-) That was Bill P...

I understand about the gradual thing, I am 64, been this way half my life...its going to be a long haul I understand that...I am trying a few different therapies that complement CPAP...one day at a time...

thanks for the support..

Story

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 237 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.