Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More water used for a nasal mask?
More water used for a nasal mask?
So I'd been using a full face mask for the past two weeks, and barely went through a quarter tank of water. 
I've been using a nasal mask for the past two days and I've woken up to an empty tank (and a sore throat) for the last two days. 

can anyone speculate on why this might be? I have my mouth taped so I'm not gulping air.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More water used for a nasal mask?
How does the leakage compare between the two models?  Apart from a near-instantaneous fill of the larger mask, the rest is just mass air flow for both masks since lung volume and hose diameters are not factors that differ.  So, if all else is equal, including settings made for each according to their type, and settings for heat/humidity haven't changed, I don't see any other explanation.  Except, of course, for a new leak in the reservoir.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which mouth tape are you using? I use Cover Roll tape and it is rated as "air permeable". So I still get air that comes out of my mouth, and I end up with a sore throat. A sore throat is not limited to in-going air, it can be from a steady stream of out-going air (which is my issue). I've had to double layer the mouth tape and it works well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thr micropore tape, with a little hole cut.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.