Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Morning rebellion
I am trying to be a very compliant cpap user. I am making good progress, but one thing stumps me.
I wear the nasal pillows all night, but early morning, maybe 5 o 6 am I must just take the headgear off. I wake up for a few minutes, check out the time and go back to sleep.

But some demon inside me takes the mask off and I sleep the last hour without it. I would rather not do this. Anyone else do this and have any idea how to tame this sleepy tiger inside me.
06-22-2015 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Morning rebellion
It happens to a lot of people. There's some ways to try and curb that dragon. Er, tiger.

One is to turn off the Autostart, if you have it on. This way when you take off the mask, the machine keeps running.

Next, attach the mask headgear to your shirt. This way, when you take off the mask, the noise of the air is right next to you and will be annoying enough that you wake up enough to make yourself put it back on.

Move the machine out of the way so that you cannot reach the on/off button easily.

Another thing to try is to start wearing the mask with the machine on during the day. Get used to what it feels like while awake. This will make it more likely you won't even think about putting the mask back on and going back to sleep.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-22-2015 12:06 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

honestly, you might feel better just getting up when you uncouple from the machine. you could get some negatives from dozing off. some of us (yikes me!) sleep for 3.5 hours, get up for about 1.5 hours, then sleep for another 2.5 hours. I don't always feel marvelous, but not getting the over-tired feeling, either.

QAL

ps. I have been getting about 6.3 hours per night average. For 7 months.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
06-22-2015 06:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

Sex: Male

When I wake up early, I usually lie there with the mask on, especially if one of the cats is saying he is hungry. That way he looks at me and leaves. I will usually fall back asleep and get up about an hour later. The only time I sleep without the mask is when I nod off in the recliner. I swear, there is some sleep inducing drug in it.

Homer
06-23-2015 12:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  early morning leakage problems jxyzobrien 1 311 08-17-2016 07:11 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  Good morning... New user here kyhmm72 10 841 03-31-2016 07:46 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Humidifier almost full in the morning? ezdrifler 4 756 01-28-2016 11:00 PM
Last Post: ezdrifler
  When do the morning headaches stop? cate1898 10 1,532 09-13-2015 02:28 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Does the OSA morning headache ever go away? Enhander 14 2,321 07-15-2015 05:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Machine doesn't blow air in morning like when I am going to sleep. Natasha Kleinhans 15 4,981 06-23-2015 11:22 AM
Last Post: masbirdies
  My pressure jumps to 17cm in the morning.. badge 1 844 04-27-2015 12:48 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2