Poll: What wakes you up, in order to start a new day?
Alarm Clock
Internal/Body Clock
Pets
Significant Other
Outdoor animals (birds, etc,)
Other: Please explain in thread
[Show Results]

Mornings
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Sex: Male

Question Mornings
I had a strange thought as I was getting out of bed this morning. We talk a lot about going to sleep, the quality of the sleep throughout the night, and whether we feel refreshed afterwards. But I do not recall seeing anything about what wakes us up (in the morning). Dont-know

Thus a small poll to see what usually forces us to start the new day.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-01-2012 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
JumpStart Offline

Preferred Members-2

Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ResMed Mirage Quattro

RE: Mornings
Well, it varies. Since I have been on CPAP, I have slept far less than I did without it. Normally, I now awaken after about 6 hours, more or less, without any known external cause. Before, it was 8-10 hours, and I dragged getting out of bed then. Longest I have slept on xPAP has been 7:44 - a monster sleep after a very, very tiring day and a prior night of around 4 hours sleep. And when I get up now, even with some mask leak issues, I feel far more alert and ready for the day.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
05-01-2012 06:23 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I sleep anywhere from 5 to 11hrs. If my S.O. is home, I sleep later because there's not an dog butt jabbing into my spine. Or a soggy dog toy doesn't get dropped on my face.

But the vast majority of the time, I just wake up on my own.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-01-2012 06:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Cutter Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Elite
Mask Make & Model: Swift LT
Humidifier: Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 12

Other Comments:

Since I bring my wife her morning coffee in bed (it prevents morning beatings), I have the alarm clock jangle me to wake in the morning. That's usually after a good 6 hours of CPAP assisted slumber.

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

05-01-2012 06:38 PM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

I chose two options: Alarm Clock and Pets.

I use the alarm clock to get up so I can take the pets out to keep them from having "Accidents" in the house. The puppies are only 4 months old so they haven't the capability to hold it THAT long. They do pretty well.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-01-2012 07:05 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Usually it's by my body's internal alarm clock... but if I have to be somewhere early morning, I set the alarm just in case my body ain't up to snuff. Smile

No matter what, it seems I can't sleep much past 6-7 am lately, even if I want to.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-01-2012 07:10 PM
CHanlon Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Activa LT
Humidifier: ResMed Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 12 -20

Other Comments: Mirage Activa LT nasal mask

(05-01-2012 06:38 PM)Cutter Wrote:  Since I bring my wife her morning coffee in bed (it prevents morning beatings)

ROFL, a technique I shall have to adopt...

I average about 8 hours of sleep a night, according to my machine. That's not quite accurate, since I usually put my mask on and then read for a while - depending on how tired I am that's either 10 minutes or an hour+. But lets call it 8 hours.

I also am *not* a morning person. Never have been.

I've just changed jobs - used to work from home, so to start a 9am I'd get up at 8:45. No commute, just time for the coffeemaker to finish.

Now I have to actually drive, so I'm up by 7:50. But after nearly 2 years on APAP, I'm finding I wake up around 6:10 most mornings. Of course, I then roll over and wait for the alarm to force me out of bed. :-)
05-02-2012 09:45 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(05-02-2012 09:45 AM)CHanlon Wrote:  I've just changed jobs - used to work from home, so to start a 9am I'd get up at 8:45. No commute, just time for the coffeemaker to finish.

There is a wonderful feeling about being able to work from home (most of the time)... with fuzzy slippers and sweat pants and T-shirt.... sipping COFFEE from my own coffeemaker...

Feel sorry for you now, CHanlon... back to the old commute and grind... that can't be fun for you after experiencing the freedoms of working from home. Confused I hope you're getting a ton of money for the hassle of commuting. Cool

I don't ever plan on going back to work for a single company as an employee... that seems like slavery to me now (at this point in my life)... Dont-know

Here's hoping that you're able to work at home again someday... it's a great feeling to know that even though you need to get up and working... you can sleep in if you want to and no one is going to "write you up" for being late for work. Coffee

AH.... FREEDOM... SHa_biggrin5

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-02-2012 11:57 AM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(05-02-2012 11:57 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 09:45 AM)CHanlon Wrote:  I've just changed jobs - used to work from home, so to start a 9am I'd get up at 8:45. No commute, just time for the coffeemaker to finish.

There is a wonderful feeling about being able to work from home (most of the time)... with fuzzy slippers and sweat pants and T-shirt.... sipping COFFEE from my own coffeemaker...

Feel sorry for you now, CHanlon... back to the old commute and grind... that can't be fun for you after experiencing the freedoms of working from home. Confused I hope you're getting a ton of money for the hassle of commuting. Cool

I don't ever plan on going back to work for a single company as an employee... that seems like slavery to me now (at this point in my life)... Dont-know

Here's hoping that you're able to work at home again someday... it's a great feeling to know that even though you need to get up and working... you can sleep in if you want to and no one is going to "write you up" for being late for work. Coffee

AH.... FREEDOM... SHa_biggrin5

FREEDOM? what Freedom, I live with my boss Oh-jeez Hold on she calling again.....Hold on Im comming......Soon be my coffee break Too-funny
05-02-2012 12:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(05-02-2012 12:14 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote:  FREEDOM? what Freedom, I live with my boss Oh-jeez Hold on she calling again.....Hold on Im comming......Soon be my coffee break Too-funny

Yep, I do too.... who am I kidding? Too-funny

Ah well... at least I can dream that I have freedom... Thinking-about

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-02-2012 12:18 PM