Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Most flexible hose
Most flexible hose
Where is a source for the best quality, most flexible hose to connect to my mask? Some are ridiculously stiff.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Most flexible hose
I find the plain 22mm by 2 meter hose comfortable and adequately flexible. It's light weight.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2014, 10:35 AM)justMongo Wrote: I find the plain 22mm by 2 meter hose comfortable and adequately flexible. It's light weight.

Brand, source?

Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my first 10 foot hose from suppler #1 (see supplier's list) and it worked fine. It was less than a Jackson delivered. I get the 10 ft hose from my DME and they are generic, they are very flexible, but a little stiff for the first night or two, but after that, they are fine. I run mine through a hose buddy (also from supplier 1) so it comes down from above and I don't strangle myself with it during the night when I roll over.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2014, 09:48 AM)bigsnowdog Wrote: Where is a source for the best quality, most flexible hose to connect to my mask? Some are ridiculously stiff.
[Image: promo_slimline-tube.jpg]
ResMed S9 SlimLine hose is light and flexible
From ResMed: Compared to traditional tubing, the SlimLine tube is 40% lighter, 20% thinner and takes up 35% less space

I use the heated hose (ClimateLine) a bit longer, not as light as the SlimLine hose but lighter than the standard hose
[Image: img_climatelinetube.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the slimline hose that Zonk pictured above. It seems fine, but since it's the only one I've ever used maybe I just don't know any better. Anyhow I let it curl up with me under the covers at night and we do fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bigsnowdog,
I use the heated hose, I also have a hose cover over that and I thread it through a hose lift and don't find it too heavy. The Slimline hose is lighter weight than the heated hose.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated ClimateLine hose on the Resmed S9 AutoFit is not bad, especially since the AirFit P10 nasal mask comes with an EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE "pigtail hose" rather than having the main hose plug directly into the mask.

I like this arrangement -- the pigtail is a couple of feet long and keeps the heavier hose away from face or neck if I drap it there.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 640 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,556 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.