Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mostly Centrals
RE: Mostly Centrals
I think you need a different machine either a bilevel with a backup rate like a Resmed Vpap ST or an ASV machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2018, 08:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Unfortunately, central apnea is going to probably be worse with bilevel and higher pressure support. When central apnea events are persistent like this, the course of action is to either use bilevel with a backup rate (ASV or ST), simplify therapy to CPAP which may reduce the event rate, or possibly use EERS to increase rebreathing of CO2 as described in this thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eep?page=2

I am a computer guy, so I understand tech.  I am not an apnea guy, though.  Could you please generally explain why a bilevel and higher pressures are worse for centrals?  Is a bi-level like my old a-flex or c-flex?  The new machine is easier to breath with, but the centrals have gone way up.  

I'm working on sending you a small 2 minute section as you requested.  

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2018, 04:53 PM)zzzzk Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 08:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Unfortunately, central apnea is going to probably be worse with bilevel and higher pressure support. When central apnea events are persistent like this, the course of action is to either use bilevel with a backup rate (ASV or ST), simplify therapy to CPAP which may reduce the event rate, or possibly use EERS to increase rebreathing of CO2 as described in this thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eep?page=2

I am a computer guy, so I understand tech.  I am not an apnea guy, though.  Could you please generally explain why a bilevel and higher pressures are worse for centrals?  Is a bi-level like my old a-flex or c-flex?  The new machine is easier to breath with, but the centrals have gone way up.  

I'm working on sending you a small 2 minute section as you requested.  

Thank you for your help.

Here is a 2 minute (about) sample you asked for.  Thank you for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, here is last night at ps1, does not seem to be improving... Recommendations? 

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 01:28 PM)zzzzk Wrote: Hello, here is last night at ps1, does not seem to be improving... Recommendations? 

Thank you

I will try 0 tonight. Does that mean it will just be an auto between two levels? 

Also, I attached my old data from my old machine. I could never get used to it because the sessions never got very long at all. I felt worse. However, the ahi's appear to be less. Does this help in analysis? Pressures? Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Where do you stand with your doctor in terms of these CA events? Is he aware and what is his feedback. I'm thinking you are getting close to making a case for ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 04:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Where do you stand with your doctor in terms of these CA events? Is he aware and what is his feedback.  I'm thinking you are getting close to making a case for ASV.

My insurance is not the best.  Doctor way too busy.  Response times can be weeks, that is why I'm asking on this forum for more opinions.  

Is there an asv machine you recommend?  Mask?  The resmed f10 is the only mask that seems to be working for me ok.

I'm trying to get time with the dr.  Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Either the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV or Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt (older model) will work well. Supplier #2 is currently getting $1795 for a low-hour Aircurve 10 ASV, and $1049 for the VPAP Adapt 36007, and 1249 for the Adapt 36037.  The 36037 and Aircurve have auto-adjusting EPAP pressure and are more modern machines. Any of these would treat central apena effectively using your current mask.  It looks like your ASV settings should be ASVauto mode, EPAP 6.0 minimum, 9.0 maximum, PS 2.0 minimum, 15 maximum.  You will need a prescription unless you find a seller that does not require it.  The settings are based on your current use of the Aircurve 10 Vauto and recommended settings for ASV titration protocol (see below).  If you can get a prescription, and can afford the machine, it is your solution.  I just don't foresee you resolving the central apnea events at 20 per hour that you are experiencing with your current machine and anything other than ASV.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thank you. I will look into those models.  

I thought I'd post some old data for you to see from my old machine.  Maybe will give some more insight.  I was never able to get the ahi down less than 15 regularly and I was not able to sleep consistently all night, nor more than 1-2 hours at a time, so I gave up.  With the new machine, I can use it all night, but same problem, 1-2 hours at a time and the centrals went way up.  Attached are old data from my old remstar auto a-flex 550P

Thank you for your help

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, ps 0, better but not enough?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 381 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,795 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 119 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 232 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 408 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 690 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,087 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.