Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mostly Centrals
RE: Mostly Centrals
(07-20-2018, 01:40 PM)zzzzk Wrote: Ok, ps 0, better but not enough?

If I need an ASV machine, am I better of using no machine until I get the new one?  In other words, is this current machine making me worse rather than better?
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you give an example of a prescription for the resmed aircurve 10 asv auto (that's the one you recommended).  My dr kept getting it wrong on the 1st one.  I know it will only be an example, I will talk to the dr.  Here's my prescription for the current one:

auto bipap setup
min eppap  =  8
max ipap = 25
min ps 4
max ps 8

dx: osa

What would it look like on the asv?  
Or if you could tell me recommended settings, that would be better.  

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at this Wiki page. At the bottom is a prescription template.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...AP_-_BIPAP
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your historic results many of your events were OA and H with some CA.  Your best results were with higher pressure using a minimum of 15 and maximum of 20 back in 2012 using the APAP with no Flex.  Your results for July 19 with 8 to 25 pressure and 0 PS yielded very high central and hypopnea events with no apparent OA.  I think your needs have simply changed to a more central apnea problem and without a backup rate it seems unlikely that you will have acceptable results at any pressure.  I'm at a loss to suggest what to try next with your Vauto.  

If you would share your  general location, we might be able to help you source a used ASV more local to you.

Pressure settings:
Mode ASVauto
EPAP min 5.0
EPAP max 9.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 15.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2018, 09:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In your historic results many of your events were OA and H with some CA.  Your best results were with higher pressure using a minimum of 15 and maximum of 20 back in 2012 using the APAP with no Flex.  Your results for July 19 with 8 to 25 pressure and 0 PS yielded very high central and hypopnea events with no apparent OA.  I think your needs have simply changed to a more central apnea problem and without a backup rate it seems unlikely that you will have acceptable results at any pressure.  I'm at a loss to suggest what to try next with your Vauto.  

If you would share your  general location, we might be able to help you source a used ASV more local to you.

Pressure settings:
Mode ASVauto
EPAP min 5.0
EPAP max 9.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 15.0

Thank you for taking the time to help.  I've been having a hard time with this for a long time.  I am going to try to get my machine changed at the dr for an asv.  If I can't, I'll go the used route.  
FYI, I think one of the reasons my results change a lot is that I have sinus problems, sometimes better, sometimes worse.  Not congestion, but inflammation.  For an experiment, I used my old machine last night for about an 1 1/2 hours.  The rest with the new machine.  Very strange results.  Also, my old machine seems to sometimes wake me with abrupt pressure changes.  I attached them if you would like some more detective work  Smile    The one with lots of snores is the old machine...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert but I see a lot of periodic breathing and central apnea. and I see an asv in your future.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen sinus issues, and this is not what they look like. I see some flow limitation, but I'm not sure it is obstructive. Anyway, your approach to try to get ASV is the right path and hopefully your doctor will see the need as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2018, 03:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I've seen sinus issues, and this is not what they look like.  I see some flow limitation, but I'm not sure it is obstructive.  Anyway, your approach to try to get ASV is the right path and hopefully your doctor will see the need as well.

Well, it's only the first night with my new ASV, and I still only sleep for 1-2 hours, then awake 1/2 hour or so, then sleep 1-2 hours again...  But my AHI is down to 0 !!!!   Wild swings in pressure... 

Conclusions?  Attached sleephead...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
your asv charts look just like mine. did you have this sleep / wake pattern before asv? edit: I see you said "still" so our condition seem very similar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2018, 02:22 PM)zzzzk Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 03:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I've seen sinus issues, and this is not what they look like.  I see some flow limitation, but I'm not sure it is obstructive.  Anyway, your approach to try to get ASV is the right path and hopefully your doctor will see the need as well.

Well, it's only the first night with my new ASV, and I still only sleep for 1-2 hours, then awake 1/2 hour or so, then sleep 1-2 hours again...  But my AHI is down to 0 !!!!   Wild swings in pressure... 

Conclusions?  Attached sleephead...

Hello zzzzk

I have no experience nor expertise with ASVs and their interpretation but can only offer moral support however.

If those are deep 1.5 hours sleep, then it must be better than with apnea. Perhaps in time the periods will get longer. I do at times still suffer terribly from broken sleep and may wake up 5 times at night. That certainly is not ideal but its not abnormal to wake 2-3 times a night. I do however make sure I do not take off the mask unless I need to go to the loo. And then it is a quick trip and back in bed so that I do not wake up that much.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 591 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,118 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 174 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 276 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 446 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 731 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,115 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.