Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
Reporting as recommended.  Got the Motor Life Exceeded message a couple of days ago on my AirSense10 AutoSet machine.  Still runs fairly quietly and works well as far as I can tell.  I have used it since January 12, 2015 or 8 years for an average of 7 hr 36 minutes per nite (7.6 hrs/nite) at a compliance rate of 91% per OSCAR.  Using 365 days per year that computes to very close to 20,150 hours on the motor,

I'll start the replacement process, my pulmonologist recommended a new machine 6 months ago to me and I have a regular appointment with him at the end of March.  May start the process via my DME suppliier though.  Have been very pleased with this compan so far.

Question though.  My wife has an AirSense 10 and I still have several masks/cushions, etc. which I would like to be able to use with a new machine - AirFit 10 nose and mouth type mask, standard hose, etc.  Are the AirSense 11 machines compatible enough to use the same replaceable accessories?

Thank you.  This was a great place for me to learn how to deal with CPAP when I started into this 8 years ago and I see it's still a helpful and friendly place.   Wink

..............Jim Wolford
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Skipbo! - Welcome

Your masks and standard hoses will work with the AS11. The AS10's ClimateLine heated hose will not, nor will the power supply.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Red!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2023, 10:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: As long as the motor does not fail, you should not see the warning for a long time.  The error is not based on actual motor condition but by hours.  I think the chip that records run-hours is mounted on the motor.

I am wondering about that. My Air Curve ASV just put out the message yesterday. Been looking for another motor. Seeing that it is not too difficult to replace but concerned over how to stop further messages after new motor is installed. Some folks show how to put in a new motor but no one has elaborated on how to eliminate further warnings.

I wish I knew for sure that a new motor had its own chip. Thanks for the information.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Little late to this thread, but thought my experience was relevant.  Discovered the "Motor Expired" message January 2022 on my AS10. Had the machine since July 2015 with over 25,000 hours!  So, contacted my DME and they sent me a Luna II. Unbearably loud so I sent it back and asked for a ResMed.  In the mean time my PCP recommended a new sleep study in case the DME required one for 9/1/22.  Still had OSA AHI 39.  I discovered apneaboard and OSCAR and changed my AS10 to APAP 8-15.  DME wasn't' too happy, but I didn't care. I didn't get an AS11 until September 24, 2022.  I set it to 8-15 because the DME wouldn't do it saying it didn't have my sleep study (which as FAXd to them 3 times). Haven't had any interaction with the DME since.

November of 2022 I purchased a Wellue Checkme O2 Max because I suspected I was having O2 issues.  My sleep study made a brief mention of O2 dropping to 88, but didn't recommend further action.  The oximeter confirmed my suspicions, O2 as low as 84 with high 3 and 4% desaturation rates.  PCP ordered an oximeter from another DME.  Results also confirmed my oximeter results.  But, took awhile to convince my PCP/Insurance provider until I provided them with the high desaturation rate and numerous dips below 88.  Wellue provides an app call O2 Insight Pro and its data can be imported into OSCAR!  It also exports the oximeter data to a .csv for use with Excel.  Using Excel I was able to count the desats below 90 and their duration.  I also created formulas that counted number of samples below 90 for each percent e.g. 88, 89, 87, etc.  In addition, was able to look at Pulse Rate numbers which were often below 50 even 40.  Subsequently I received an O2 concentrator that has greatly improved my O2 numbers (few under 90) and dramatically reduced my desaturations (4% < 10 times vs 100 times). 

In summary, OSCAR was a major help in my getting new equipment.  It along, with O2 Insight Pro, helped me cut thru the medical establishment road blokes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Withtao, your help in the programming of an Oscar upgrade will make it even better. Your efforts are very appreciated.

I called the DME yesterday and jogged their memory I need a replacement machine. I'm still waiting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Withtao, your help in the programming of an Oscar upgrade will make it even better. Your efforts are very appreciated.
Thanks, I'm trying.

I called the DME yesterday and jogged their memory I need a replacement machine.  I'm still waiting.
Ya, I kept reminding my DME and PCP, but didn't seem to help. The DME RT said the warning doesn't mean that the device isn't working properly, just its on its last legs  ;-)  BTW, the AS 11 is much more quiet than my AS 10 had become.  The AS 10 developed a low, loud hum at the end of my exhale that was irritating even with ear plugs.

The O2 concentrator is ridiculously loud.  I had to drill a hole thru the wall for the O2 line between my bedroom and my office where the concentrator now lives.  Even with the door closed my wife can hear it so she closes her door.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,
I have a spare, brand new ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset machine (194 total run hours) that I received from a DME several years ago. Okay  I had done a home Sleep Study ordered by my Health Care Provider and they sent me a ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset machine based on those results. Before I used it my Sleep Doctor called and said don't use the Autoset because he did not like the home test results and he scheduled a new lab Sleep Study which confirmed complex CSA and Cheyne-Stokes Breathing. He prescribed an Air Curve 10 ASV machine which now has over 21,900 hours run time (along with the Nuisance alarms). Not willing to deal with DME any more I bought my own ASV machine (not cheap) on the Internet.  I bit the bullet and bought one! So I want to keep this one running as long as possible. If anyone knows how to stop the Nuisance Alarms, please advise.
Oh-jeez

I asked what I should do with the Autoset and was told to just keep it since it was already paid for. My Autoset machine was stuck away in a closet for several years and after research on this Blog, I realized I have a perfectly good, new motor in that machine as a spare that I can swap out when the ASV quits. Hurray! Other new spare parts are inside too. No! I don't want to part with it as it is my backup.

I am still looking to buy a spare aftermarket motor as well and appreciate all the information I have gleaned here. Thanks to all. 
Sleep-well
Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

FYI, I just finished replacing the Pump Motor in my Air Curve 10 ASV machine with the new motor from my spare Autoset machine. All works Great! I can sleep good again tonight. I was worried about messing something up but with some care and lots of patience, I pulled it off without a hitch. Took about an hour or so to take both machines apart, remove both motors and install the Airset motor in the ASV machine. The Airset motor had 164 run hours while the ASV motor had 21,946 hours on it.

The Airset machine motor in its housing fits exactly in the ASV machine. Plug and Play, no need to disassemble it. It is my intention to later disassemble and clean the former ASV Motor and put it back into the Airset machine temporarily with a desire to buy an aftermarket motor as a good spare and use it later as needed. 

I ran the ASV machine for several minutes to test it and all was working well. 

Thanks again for all the great info.

Regards,

Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill, if you are still getting alarms on the ASV, I think those can be shut-down in settings. If nothing else, you can probably remove the alarm speaker.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 5 40 1 hour ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 124 7 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 83 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 88 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.