Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
I got the message on my Airsense 10. Replacing the motor is unlikely to reset the message. Can't decide if I want an Airsense 11 or just a new 10 with an updated modem. Since the 11 has the same little motor as the ResMed Mini, will likely fail sooner.

Do you have a Ali Express part number for that motor?

Thanks,
Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't definitively say the Airsense 11 motor is any less capable than the Airsense 10, but I think there are advantages to more volume, power and size in a pneumatic system to buffer flow. The proven Airsense 10/S9 motor has been available for a long time, but I have not researched a replacement motor for the Airmini or Airsense 11. My plan is to get a new Vauto before the 10 series is out of production. It's a stout machine that has lasted 22,000+ hours for me, and I will rebuild the old one with a new motor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2023, 04:37 PM)tomtiki Wrote: Do you have a Ali Express part number for that motor?

For the 9/10 or the 11?

There's another thread with some numbers/search terms for the 9/10 motor.

While I understand there is an LTE modem for the 10 finding one is the tough part. They started selling the Card-to-Cloud machines because of modem shortages.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirCurve 10 AutoSet never displayed a message like that about the Motor Life being exceeded, but it did start making a super loud noise like an industrial vacuum cleaner about a week ago.

It still seemed to produce normal pressures but the noise is so loud it was nearly impossible to sleep.  

The local medical supply where it originally was dispensed from called ResMed and they said it was out of warranty since it is a little over 2 years old, and they wouldn't give an estimate over the phone for repair costs so I had the dealer send it to them to see how much they would charge to fix it ... I never thought of Alibaba.

I tried to attach an audio file of the noise but it seems .m4a audio files can't be uploaded here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Biyahero, it sounds like your fan motor failed long before the motor life exceeded warning would come up. If you can't get warranty service, the motor replacement is fairly easy and will cost about $100.

I was watching a M@C Discount warehouse auction for a new Resmed Vauto over the past few days. It closed last night at $580. Not a bad deal considering SecondWindCPAP wants $859 for a used one. I think I'm back on track to getting one through insurance, so decided to hold off on this one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2023, 04:37 PM)tomtiki Wrote: Can't decide if I want an Airsense 11 or just a new 10 with an updated modem. Since the 11 has the same little motor as the ResMed Mini, will likely fail sooner.

Getting a Air10 *with an updated modem*, could be problematic. New Air10's with modems are starting to become difficult to find, being displaced with Card-to-Cloud (modem-less) models.

Yes the Air11 has the same motor as the AirMini, and it certainly is a lot smaller than the S9/Air10 blowers. But there is no evidence or data suggesting this will contribute to shorter lifetimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure of your insurance, but my DME told me Medicare has them cover the warranty on the machine until the machine reaches replacement age - ie 5 years. This is the period between the end of the manf warranty until 5 years. We replaced my wife's DS1 this way. Worth a try asking the question if you haven't already.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Sleeprider' pid='465713' dateline='1675432952']
Biyahero, it sounds like your fan motor failed long before the motor life exceeded warning would come up. If you can't get warranty service, the motor replacement is fairly easy and will cost about $100.

Thanks so much Sleeprider!

Is there a Fan Motor and a Compressor Motor that are separate components or is it just a single motor component? Just curious since it did still produce the air pressure in spite of the noise.

That's really wonderful if it might cost only around $ 100. I paid $ 34 shipping to the dealer to ship it to ResMed for Repair so I'll be really happy if it turns out only to cost that kind of price! The dealer said the last time he sent them a machine for repair it cost about $ 300 but I don't know what might have been wrong with that machine which could be totally different from the problem with my machine. The Dealer said last time he sent a machine to Resmed it took about a month to get it back.

I seemingly might be able to get a replacement machine before it comes back, but if it doesn't cost too much I'm still willing to pay to fix the old one so that I will have a backup so that when the new one fails I will have a spare. As the survivalist saying goes "Two is One and One is None"

I hope if/when U get a new machine it will still have an SD Card!
If there is no SD Card (as I read there may not be on new machines) will it not be possible to use Oscar anymore?

I'll look for an Oscar-related topic to ask more about that ... I hadn't used it for a while since my settings seemed to be good and I have now an Apple M1 Max-based machine rather than the Intel one I had before and I thought it wouldn't work on this machine but I discovered last night that it works fine, but I have some configuration questions related to different profiles I have had for my previous machines so I'll look for an Oscaar topic to address those questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2023, 04:29 PM)biyahero Wrote: That's really wonderful if it might cost only around $ 100.  I paid $ 34 shipping to the dealer to ship it to ResMed for Repair so I'll be really happy if it turns out only to cost that kind of price!  The dealer said the last time he sent them a machine for repair it cost about $ 300.
That's $100 for the part from China and change it yourself.
Manufacture service will likely be much more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link to a site that details how to replace the motor. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/ResMed+AirS...ent/137050  In addition, there are several videos by the Aussie CPAP Review guy that I won't link.  The replacement is really pretty easy if you just go one-step at a time and should take less than 1-hour for most people.  A much more expensive option is to use a repair facility like Supplier #27. Also a site called "RePAP" has sold complete OEM motor assemblies for $225, but currently indicates out of stock.  Finally, entering this rather obtuse search string into AliExpress will bring up the motor you need, or just highlithe the quoted text and search. "Ventilator turbine ventilator motor fan motor ventilator machine fan ResMed S9 ResMe S10"  This is what you're looking for.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=47659]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 30 9,927 48 minutes ago
Last Post: SuggieBear
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 318 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 211 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.