Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motor life exceeded
Motor life exceeded
Hi team, my S9 Resmed has a message desplayed - Motor life exceeded, please contact service provider
Any help on what I should do
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Motor life exceeded
G'day Worthog. Is the machine still working? From what I've read around the forums this message comes up at about 20,000 hours as a gentle reminder that it's time to give Resmed some more money. If the machine's still working OK then you might as well keep using it until it fails. You can also check with your health fund what their rebate will be if you get a new machine (in most cases it's not much). If your machine had the 5 year warranty and you're still within the warranty period, send it in for a check. My humidifier failed but Resmed replaced the blower motor gratis - it was only a couple of months short of 5 years old.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Deepbreather, my machine is about 8 years young (not old) !
Yes it is still working, well I will find out tonight - in about 2 hours time
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi worthhog,
Even though your machine is still working, now would be a good time to consider a replacement.
Don’t wait until it fails, and you have nothing to use.   Sad

If you have insurance, they should cover a new machine.  If not, check out our Supplier list at top of page.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:If you have insurance, they should cover a new machine.

Not the case in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then maybe an import of a used machine from Supplier #2 or new from Supplier #33 is the way to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had that message on my machine for at least 6 months. It is still purring away. I need to change out the humidifier tank but the machine itself is still running like the day it was new.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say it's time to work on getting a new machine and relegating that machine to backup duty.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2019, 09:40 AM)bonjour Wrote: I'd say it's time to work on getting a new machine and relegating that machine to backup duty.

I agree

Back-up or keep until it fails, either way it is time to think about "What happens if it fails".
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Your posts interests me. I just checked my machine and it has over 14000 hours on it. Can you go into your machines settings and tell me how many hours yours has? The lady at my provider told me I was eligible to get a new machine because mine is nearing its life span of 5 years in service.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,902 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,361 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 275 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,262 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.