Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motor life exceeded
RE: Motor life exceeded
Like Dave said, a Resmed AS10 Autoset would be the most logical choice. Since you are running SleepyHead, its Daily detailed data listing will have the most pertinent settings needed to set up your newer machine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2020, 06:07 AM)HoseHead58 Wrote: . . .
However, since I now understand what the CPAP does for my sleep cycle, I know I do not want to live without it.
Time to go get another machine.  But now, that leads to which one? 
The S9 has done great for me.  A bit bulky while traveling, but still works great.

I just replaced my running S9 (appx 6 years old) with a new Airsense 10 Autoset For Her.  So far the replacement is going very smoothly.  I will also say  that Resmed seems to be continuing to refine their algorithms for pressure control.  This A10 has 4 treatment modes:  CPAP, Autoset-Standard response, Autoset-Soft response, and Autoset For Her.  I am still in an experiment to see which mode produces the best results for me, but in all cases so far, the A10 is doing better than the S9.  The 95% pressure has dropped by more than 1 cm, which is good for someone who experiences aerophagia (air swallowing).  I will be posting more complete results soon when the experiments are finished, but I would go for the A10 with no concern.  I would also recommend you choose the Autoset For Her model, as it has the extra treatment mode, which might be useful for you.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I also started getting that "motor life exceeded. Please contact service representative" message about 10 days ago. So far, I have noticed no difference in my machine's operation, nor my sleep, nor in the stats reported each morning on the S9. So I'm wondering if this is really more of a marketing ploy to get me to replace my machine before it actually needs it? Has anyone had any experience in using an S9 after that message appears and for how long before an actual problem shows up?
Post Reply Post Reply
If your getting the message you’ve been using your machine more than 5yrs its beyond it’s design life plan getting anew one. It could last another year it could fail tomorrow why risk it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the run hours an report back. It would be interesting to know when this message can be expected.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just replaced my S9 Elite at over 2 22000 hours when I checked it. I never received such a message.

Can the DME put in such a statement? They do remind about filter and mask changes.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Mmm, no I think that's a manufacturer message. Kinda like the check engine light at 50K miles. The DME wants you to sign a 13 month lease with supplies out your ear for the following 60 months.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a standard S9 cpap and an S9 autoset and S9 Vpap auto that i use currently. The first 2 machines have low hours on them.. i wonder when the time comes if i might be able to swap the motor from one of the other 2 into the vpap. Has any one tried such a thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could move the airblock over to a different machine the internals are basically the same but it would not remove the motor life exceeded as that is based on the machine run hours which you cannot reset. At 5yrs I would be purchasing a new machine as it’s done it’s duty
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2020, 07:50 PM)zoophaugus Wrote: I have a standard S9 cpap and an S9 autoset and S9 Vpap auto that i use currently. The first 2 machines have low hours on them.. i wonder when the time comes if i might be able to swap the motor from one of the other 2 into the vpap. Has any one tried such a thing?

I’m so grateful for the help here. 

My S9 E served well. 22,000 + hours. Last week I got an new S10 autoset for her taking the advice from the good people here on forum

It’s easier to use than my S9 E. 

Yesterday I had an amazing sleep. I can’t remember when that happened before. Perhaps the day I got my first machine about 35 years ago...

I should have bought a new machine a longtime ago
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,114 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,909 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,368 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,264 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.