Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card
How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card
I am a former Dreamstation & OSCAR user (now happily using Inspire device, so no more CPAP) ... but trying to help a relative who was just diagnosed and given a refurbished 2019 Dreamstation Auto CPAP by his DME.  (I checked the serial # and Philips reports the unit as refurbished post recall).  The unit has the SD card slot, but no SD card -- the DME having told my brother that they don't use that anymore .... all the data is just uploaded automatically via cloud to them.  I was trying to access the SD card so that we could load the data into OSCAR and figure out what's really going on.  

Is there any way to access the data without using the SD card?

Does anyone know if we just purchased our own SD card and inserted it, would we get the data download that way, or did Philips disable that functionality when they did the refurbish?

Or is the best advice to just take the machine back to the DME and demand a brand new machine that is on the OSCAR approved list?

Thanks for advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card
I haven't heard anything definite with respect to refurbished Dreamstations, but I'm pretty sure they didn't unsolder the SD card slot when they refurbished it. The DME may get by on the limited data provided by the 'cloud upload' but you can still put in your own SD card and get the full data for OSCAR.
For the cost of an SD card and the loan of you SD card reader, your relative can verify that the SD card can indeed give them the data they need. They may need the use of your OSCAR installation (new profile!!) to simplify the verification Big Grin

TL;DR go ahead and get your own SD card
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 69 2 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,277 10 hours ago
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Dreamstation not writing on card? Raven87 5 92 04-13-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 109 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 386 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.