Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Breathing w/Nose Pillows waking me up
RE: Mouth Breathing w/Nose Pillows waking me up
(10-10-2018, 12:13 PM)isuckatsleeping Wrote: My 85 pound dog who shares the bed woke me up stepping on me, Waking me up from a 6 hr sleep session (unheard of before APAP). I think he’ll have to sleep in the dog bed going forward. Can’t sacrifice my sleep anymore.

Probably just trying to administer CPR.   Too-funny
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a wonderful thread, and wonderful post.
I have a Dr Dakota pad on order. It was recommended by a helpful poster here.

The tongue trick used to work for me. It doesn't seem to anymore.

I've used many chinstraps. Now that Ihave one that works, it's no longer sold. That's why I ordered the Dr Dakota. Simple chinstraps slip off my bald spot and are useless.

I chuckled at the comment on your 85 pound dog. Mine is scared away with the jet from my mask vent, and my restless leg syndrome.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhh...I used to have this problem. I tried different sizes of pillows but it never really worked. I just bought a nasal mask and called it a day. Didn't have a problem after that.

As far as breathing thru your mouth goes, that's pretty normal. Have you tried a chin strap? It could help a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P10 nasals with a chin strap.  Sugar free cough drops helps prevent dry mouth. One or two gets me usually get me thru the night.
Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the P10 pillows, I found that getting a heated hose and turning the humidity and temperature controls to AUTO really helps me. When I use the pillows I wake up with less of a dry mouth doing this and my leak levels look good as well.

Taping your mouth shut also works really well, but for me I found that it caused a lot of bloating in my stomach and I was passing way more gas than usual lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 0 14 37 minutes ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 198 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,332 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 163 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 6 193 04-20-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 332 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 185 04-19-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.