Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DC cord for Respironics DS560?
RE: DC cord for Respironics DS560?
The OP is asking about the 12 V DC cord.

This 12 Volt DC Power Cord for 50 series machines is compatible with the following units:

All Respironics M Series Machines
All 50 Series PR System One Machines EXCEPT 60 Series Models
Respironics REMstar CPAP/APAP Machines (No REMstar BiPAP units)
Respironics Synchrony Machines
All Sandman Series Machines
GoodKnight 425/425 ST BiPAP Machines
This cord CANNOT be used with PR System One 60 Series machines.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 560 cord looks identical to the 550 one to me. A cig-lighter plug on one end, two cylinder thingies along the way, and a little right-angle plug at the machine end.

I am not getting the heated hose. I will use the machine on my sailboat, and I may not even use the humidifier; power consumption is always an issue, whereas humidity is usually in extremely good supply!

Does anyone think I could possibly harm the 560 with the 550's cord? (I admit to not being that savvy when it comes to electricity. I can do 12V wiring on my boat, but that's about it; which is more about masochistic contortionism than it is about technical knowledge.)

I just now read Opal's post.

It's decided. I'll drop the $30, and get the 560 one.

Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I’m not real knowledgable with any of this, but just took the information from several
supplier sites.

I know, I don’t like spending extra $$$ on something if it’s not needed.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The power is exactly the same, but the plug into the machine may be slightly different. An adapter can deal with that. The nice thing about Philips machines is they run on straight 12 volt power. There is no conversion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
12 V DC power is 12 V DC poser (actaully a little bit higher - in cars it runs about 14 V.... I guess I could go plug in a Respironics power brick and see what its output really is - probably a project for tomorrow as I'm about to go to work).

The CORDS for both machines are the same. The terminating plug is different. So it would require a ~ $5 plug adapter. Pacificically, a 5.5mm x 2.5mm Female to 7.4mm x 5.0mm Male Plug DC Coax Connector. Works perfectly. While I am not using a Respironics 12 cord my cord (made my own) is terminated in a 5.5 mm plug. I use the adapter to upsize it to the larger 7.4mm receptacle in the back of the machine.

(I run my 560 off of an Astron supply, not the brick converter Respironics supplies. Well primarily the Astron and a backup battery for when we lose household main power.)

You sould hurt nothing by using the 550 cord and adapter plug. Amazon has them.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2018, 02:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The nice thing about Philips machines is they run on straight 12 volt power.

Yes, that's one thing I've loved about my old 550. It is great for the boat.

Was there any real reason for them to change the machine-end plug? Other than make you (they hope) buy a new cord?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2018, 04:47 PM)mainemandean Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 02:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The nice thing about Philips machines is they run on straight 12 volt power.

Yes, that's one thing I've loved about my old 550. It is great for the boat.

Was there any real reason for them to change the machine-end plug? Other than make you (they hope) buy a new cord?

Count me as more informed on this now. Sarcasm trait in me says forcing a new cord on you probably was the reason.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know. I can't think of any good objective reason to change the design.

I regularly attribute such changes by the other "R" manufacturer to evil.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2018, 10:43 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I don't know.  I can't think of any good objective reason to change the design.

I regularly attribute such changes by the other "R" manufacturer to evil.

From what I can see, Resmed is relatively benign compared to Phil-Resp, in some ways not having to do with power cords (I agree that Resmed's secret Masonic handshake is an annoyance and was uncalled for). One example is the lockout-with-PIN thing ...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 679 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,433 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,299 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 349 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.