Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Tape Question
Mouth Tape Question
Question for mouth tapers. What do you use to clean the tape residue from your lips?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mouth Tape Question
I have used Witch Hazel regular 14 % alcohol for other medical holding devices seals and tapes and it work well and was easy on my skin. You can also buy Witch Hazel toner with no Alcohol that a lot of folks use also. Witch hazel has been used for cleaning and skin care for over 100 + years! It is also astringent that can be used for other topical health matters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2020, 05:09 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote: I have used Witch Hazel regular 14 % alcohol for other medical holding devices seals and tapes and it work well and was easy on my skin. You can also buy Witch Hazel toner with no Alcohol that a lot of folks use also. Witch hazel has been used for cleaning and skin care for over 100 + years! It is also astringent that can be used for other topical health matters.

Thanks Canuck 2!
Post Reply Post Reply
None, because there's no residue from the tape I use, Fixomull stretch. Secondly, I pull my lips slightly inwards before applying the tape; that is also good for a better sealing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2020, 04:52 AM)multicast Wrote: None, because there's no residue from the tape I use, Fixomull stretch.  Secondly, I pull my lips slightly inwards before applying the tape; that is also good for a better sealing.

I've re-grown my goatee--will this tape work with facial hair?
Post Reply Post Reply
I rarely have any residue with Somnifix, and when there is a little, it comes off with a wet washcloth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
somnifix: $20.00 for a four week supply? I'll keep looking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I completely understand the problem, and for many people, several layers of micropore tape works and at a much lower cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2020, 07:09 PM)hegel Wrote: somnifix: $20.00 for a four week supply? I'll keep looking.

Fixomull stretch is at 15,40 Euro ... for 15 cm by 20 meters, lasting approx. 600 days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 799 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.