Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Taping
RE: Mouth Taping
...The white stuff?

They use it in Oreo cookies, Twinkies, donuts, and medical tape.

Sparky

PS glad it works for you
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 03:05 PM)DaveL Wrote: (no full face masks don't work for me. I'm claustrophobic.)

Have you tried one in recent years? They're making them a lot smaller than they used to. I tried the AmaraView. There must be others like it. They barely cover only the mouth.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 07:07 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 03:05 PM)DaveL Wrote: (no full face masks don't work for me. I'm claustrophobic.)

Have you tried one in recent years? They're making them a lot smaller than they used to. I tried the AmaraView. There must be others like it. They barely cover only the mouth.

Last full face mask I tried was the Resmed F30. It leaked terribly every time I moved around. I'm using a ResMed N20 now; it's my second one. You're right. Somehow it didn't trigger the claustrophobic jitters I've always had.
My DME has been very helpful; however, I've never bought a machine from them.  I bought my last machine used about 5 years ago. 
Previous full face mask trials (maybe 8 or 10 different masks over a period 1-3 years ago) failed outright, and were torn off quickly because of claustrophobia.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 21 2 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 362 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 802 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.