Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Taping
RE: Mouth Taping
Well OK Bob Ross gave us happy little trees and Osiris357 sometimes has not quite happy little FL lines.

Coffee to your pursuit of happy success
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 09:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Well OK Bob Ross gave us happy little trees and Osiris357 sometimes has not quite happy little FL lines.

Lol that was supposed to say tiny little lines on my leak chart...”leak chart” didn’t end up being typed apparently  Oh-jeez
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 09:45 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 09:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Well OK Bob Ross gave us happy little trees and Osiris357 sometimes has not quite happy little FL lines.

Lol that was supposed to say tiny little lines on my leak chart...”leak chart” didn’t end up being typed apparently  Oh-jeez

No problem, I'll happy little Coffee your happy tiny little lines leak rate, still hoping you find success
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 10:04 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 09:45 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:

No problem, I'll happy little Coffee your happy tiny little lines leak rate, still hoping you find success
Coffee is a must isn’t it?! And thanks I’ll get rid of those centrals permanently one way or another eventually. Today for example only 3 centrals that weren’t real and I feel great today. Everything is nice and calm I’m awake and coherent. It’s amazing! I haven’t welded except for those few other days recently in my 20 year career where I wasn’t jittery to some extent. This really is amazing. Finally found the answer to why I’ve been dealing with anxiety for years. AWESOME!  It’s from my body and brain being stressed while I sleep. WOW!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Osiris357,

You got it, no coffee is not an option.

Apnea therapy journey to successful treatment will be a long series of small steps for most of us hosers, some of which we've already completed. Keep going and never yield what you've already won.

You thinking of doing EERS for your centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2019, 11:37 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Osiris357,

You got it, no coffee is not an option.

Apnea therapy journey to successful treatment will be a long series of small steps for most of us hosers, some of which we've already completed. Keep going and never yield what you've already won.

You thinking of doing EERS for your centrals?

That is definitely back on the table. I should probably just get it built and do it ASAP. My only concern with that is on the nights that I would’ve had far fewer like last night for example, wouldn’t that lead to higher than normal Co2 levels?
Post Reply Post Reply
Admitted, I'm not as well versed on the subject, but carbon dioxide would probably vary a bit from night to night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2019, 12:10 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Admitted, I'm not as well versed on the subject, but carbon dioxide would probably vary a bit from night to night.

True, I’m going to go check out a couple threads dedicated to fabricating EERS and the wiki if there is one. See if I can get moving on this
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2019, 01:33 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: I’m trying desperately to find a solution because pillow/ nasal masks knock my flow limitations down to almost nothing and keep my pressure between 11 and 14 every session.

That's so weird. Have you duplicated this effect recently?

The advantage to a FFM is that has an anti asphyxiation valve. Plus, it addresses the problem rather than trying to compensate for it, the problem being of course that for some of us the airway is open to the atmosphere through the opening that forms our mouth.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Orisis, I have been following your taping journey with interest. My experience ,during my trial I could only wear a nasal mask if my lips were securely taped otherwise I felt like a bugler with the air pouring through my lips. I went to a Simplus FF mask which worked ok , good AHI and minimal leaks but high mask pressures around 19.8 resulting bad aerophagia with stomach cramps, acid reflux and bloating,  Tried F30 mask, pressure has dropped to under 15 and minimal gas problem. But F30 puckers my lips and I get air flow through my lips, results for AHI ok but lips sore and dry. I tried 3M Micropore to hold my lips closed but it is difficult to remove  also with concerns over asphyxiation if the machine stopped.
Then read on a AB thread about blue painters tape. This has worked well, so far no irritation, I can lick the tape off and the adhesive not that sticky that stops me from parting my lips/jaw in an emergency. I use one inch width and tape length of about  inch and a quarter.  At the edges of my mouth I can blow out any gas bubbles.

Its a personal journey but experiences shared from others makes it an easier path.
Have a good journey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 839 2 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 112 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 113 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 638 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 363 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,257 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.