Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepy Head
Sleepy Head
I just downloaded the Sleepyhead software. I read the user guide that is posted here on the forum, but I am still lost. I have no idea what it means. I know because I am a new APAP user, I'm dealing with mask leaks. I think I am getting those under control. I made a liner and it seems to be helping. I am going to order a liner from Padacheek. I don't see anything that will explain exactly what each item means. Example, RERA. I googled it and read what it is, but exactly what does that mean. I seem to be having a few of those. I get what Hypopnea means, but what is clear airway? I would think that means I'm breathing good. Then I have Obstructive Events and unclassified Apnea. I'm not sure what exactly that means. I know using the APAP is helping because I'm not having a large number of events. I just had my sleep study on the 28th of July. I was never really told about how many events or what type I was having. The tech told me in the beginning of the study that if I had over 50 ten second events in 2 hours she would begin treatment that night. After going to sleep, she woke me 45 minutes into the study and put me on the machine. When I called the Sleep Study Coordinator, she told me my doctor had received the report and she received what she needed to get me set up on a APAP and she had pushed to get the preliminary report to get my machine ordered because she was going on vacation the following week and wanted to make sure I got the APAP before she left. I am so lost. Now I have to wait for 21 days to collect data, that is transmitted to the DME company to then send it to my doctor before I get to even see him again. I will try to include an example from Sleepyhead so someone may be able to help me comprehend this report. Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepy Head
Well I tried to post a screen cap of Sleepyhead but I left my personal info on it, so I went back and cropped the picture, but it now says I can't repost, I met my limit. I'll try again later.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new here also, the easiest way to learn it is to open the software, pick any date, then open this link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

Then go to this section of post.
~ Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead ~
Table of Contents

From there put the windows side by side and you can try it as you read along. It has helped me understand immensely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our Wiki has a lot of definitions as well: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki or link at the top of any page.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done

It looks intimidating as hell the first time you see it.
Take heart!
It can be broken down into easy to understand segments that will tell you what
you will want to know later when there are questions to answer.
IE: "Is my pressure enough to do the job?" "How are my leaks doing this month?"
This will seem easy after you work with it a couple weeks. Honest!
Smile
Probably one of the more important things you do in your life because this
stuff will help you stay alive!

After you make something like 8 posts here then you will be able to post
your screens here for us to look at.

Keep collecting that data it has an important story to tell!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 342 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,100 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Still sleepy during the day - low tidal, high resp.? mildOA 3 496 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.