Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth breathing or Mask leaks ?
Mouth breathing or Mask leaks ?
I'm trying to use the N30i mask instead of the F30i. During the night a woke up a couple of times with my mouth a little dry. In the morning I checked my Oscar graphs and it seems that I've quite some leaks. 
Is it possible to see the difference between a mouth leak and a mask leak from Oscar's graphs ?

I don't like the idea of taping my mouth, or wearing a chin strap. If this is mouth leaking, are there other good options ?

Kind regards,
mchrist.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mouth breathing or Mask leaks ?
Chances are these are mouth leaks but defer to those who are OSCAR experts here.

I didn’t like the idea of mouth taping since it seemed a wee bit barbaric. In my case it was mouth tape, full face mask which I didn’t tolerate, chin strap (too many people fail at that) or quitting CPAP. After some serious contemplation I tried mouth tape and never looked back. I has helped me so much. My leak rates are extremely low and many times ZERO.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 98 6 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 103 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 219 Yesterday, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,365 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 165 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 936 04-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,706 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.