Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth breathing vs AHI
RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI
(02-14-2021, 05:08 AM)multicast Wrote: To be honest, considering your excessive leakage the data provided by the machine are rather worthless (as your therapy at the moment)
Appreciate the time you took to respond. What can you suggest I do to combat this?
Post Reply Post Reply
As a start, try an FFM. Or tape your mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2021, 09:17 AM)multicast Wrote: As a start, try an FFM.  Or tape your mouth.

have tried the mouth tape - that freaked me the f**k out. Was waking up so anxious. 

Will try the FFM asap. Unfortunately we've been in lockdown, so they stopped all appointments and hiring of masks at the pharmacy i go to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Show us a zoom of 2 or 3 minutes where the respiration rate is high, please.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2021, 05:44 AM)multicast Wrote: Show us a zoom of 2 or 3 minutes where the respiration rate is high, please.

Can you give me instructions on how to do it plz? Bit of a newbie still
Post Reply Post Reply
Multicast is asking for a zoom of your flow rate with a 2 to 3 minute duration so that the individual respiratory wave is visible. To do this you can either click repeatedly on the location where you want to zoom in, or you can use the Events tab of the detail chart. At the bottom below events is a slider that lets you set the zoom in minutes. Just set that to 3-min and you can scroll left or right to get where you want to take the screenshot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2021, 08:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Multicast is asking for a zoom of your flow rate with a 2 to 3 minute duration so that the individual respiratory wave is visible.  To do this you can either click repeatedly on the location where you want to zoom in, or you can use the Events tab of the detail chart.  At the bottom below events is a slider that lets you set the zoom in minutes. Just set that to 3-min and you can scroll left or right to get where you want to take the screenshot.

Understood. I'll do that in the morning. Bedtime on this side of the world
Post Reply Post Reply
Just had an appointment with the sleep doc. I tried on a bunch of FF masks, different sizes and variations. I have a month hire so I can test a few properly at home.  I settled on the dreamwear as it fit the best. 

The machine is set up. I've decided to drop the pressure a bit to get used to it. Any other starting tips? (apart from patience)

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
hello team. Just getting my new FF mask dialled in (phillips dream wear). I'm also using a SCC . Can you please read into this for me? I think its ok - but would love any feedback. TIA

ps. haven't updated the equipment info on OSCAR yet.

[attachment=30233]
Post Reply Post Reply
All I see is fixed pressure went from 10 to 9 and the difference is an increase in OA and decrease in hypopnea. Lots more of the variable breathing which is not a real thing. In my opinion you did better at 10 and we are seeing more airway destabilization, but the differences are minor. Your leak rate is half with the new mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,095 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 21 3 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 363 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 802 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.