Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which information to ask for when buying a used cpap machine? AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Which information to ask for when buying a used cpap machine? AirCurve 10 VAUTO
I've been posting a lot lately, sorry for spamming everyone. I was suggested to look into BiPAP machines and especially the AirCurve 10 VAUTO. I dont think that my insurance in Germany will cover this since it can be purchased from only one vendor. 

I checked some places like ebay and found a used one there, the seller placed the add today along with 2 other machines. This is literally the only AirCurve 10 VAUTO I found 2nd hand in Germany. The price that they are asking is 1/4th of the price for a new machine and it comes with a humidifier. 

It says that it has 5394 hours on it and that it has been hygienically treated / cleaned. I sent the seller a message asking how was it exactly cleaned. 

I am sceptical about 2nd hand machines from private sellers because I dont know how well they actually can clean them...germs and all that. 

Are there any things that I can ask for the seller to send me a picture or a video off ? 

I also need to check how difficult would it be to get filters for it here, need to do some googling to see if they are maybe the same as for other devices that are available here.

quick edit: the seller replied that the device is coming with a new filter and that it was cleaned with ozone ( ozone gas I guess ? no clue how that works ) 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which information to ask for when buying a used cpap machine? AirCurve 10 VAUTO
On the Koop bar look for the shopping basket (supplier list).  Look at number 2. I just purchased a used ResMed Auto.  I have not got it yet but the company is well known and well tho it of.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which information to ask for when buying a used cpap machine? AirCurve 10 VAUTO
German insurance will pay fully for a Resmed device, AOK or TK or whatever, unless your have private insurance in which case you pay full amount.

Once you have your prescription you need to get in touch with your insurance and ask them what company to send the prescription. If you're insured in TK you need to send it to Löwenstein, weird, I know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2020, 02:09 PM)crowtor Wrote: German insurance will pay fully for a Resmed device, AOK or TK or whatever, unless your have private insurance in which case you pay full amount.

Once you have your prescription you need to get in touch with your insurance and ask them what company to send the prescription. If you're insured in TK you need to send it to Löwenstein, weird, I know.

Hey, im glad I run into someone else who has to deal with Löwenstein. I received a Prisma SMART device from them which is absolutely annoying because I cant install their software so I cant get any info on how I am sleeping. 

Which device did you get from them ? On their website they only offer the AirCurve 10 ST from Resmed BiPAP devices and I read that this one is not as good as the AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Post Reply Post Reply
Used machines usually work out well and with 5400 hours the price seems about right considering a service life of 15000 to 20000 hours. Flow generators are usually sanitized on the outside case, humidifier chamber, filter and tube replaced. There is nothing inside the machine to sanitize.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2020, 02:17 PM)vrapche031 Wrote: Which device did you get from them ? On their website they only offer the AirCurve 10 ST from Resmed BiPAP devices and I read that this one is not as good as the AirCurve 10 VAUTO

If you're insured in TK you need to mail in the prescription per post. If it's another insurance, you have to ask them where to send it, sometimes you send it directly to Resmed, it depends on the insurer. Don't pay any attention to Löwensteins webstore, they will get any machine for you that's on your prescription.

I got my VAuto in 2017 from :

Quote:Löwenstein Medical GmbH & Co. KG Medizintechnik
Arzbacher Str. 80
56130 Bad Ems

ST and VAuto are used for different things, quality wise they are equal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thats very valuable information. I am with AOK and for my CPAP my sleep doctor send Löwenstein the papers on what they need to give me. I need to organize an appointment with my new sleep doctor to talk about this, I cant reach them for the last week.

Thank you for the information, then I definitely do not need to buy a used machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the progress with getting a new machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 06:02 AM)vrapche031 Wrote: Ok thats very valuable information. I am with AOK and for my CPAP my sleep doctor send Löwenstein the papers on what they need to give me. I need to organize an appointment with my new sleep doctor to talk about this, I cant reach them for the last week.

Thank you for the information, then I definitely do not need to buy a used machine.

With AOK I think you send the prescription directly to Resmed, at least that was the case in 2018. You can also pop up by the local AOK office with the prescription. I know AOK employees usually have bad rep so don't get discouraged. As long as you have a prescription you will only pay 10 EUR co-pay, like for every medicine.

There's always the other option, you can both buy a used machine and... sell the new one, in which case you'd be getting EUR 500 into pocket. Just make sure you actually use it if you go this route.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a used Resmed AirCurve 10 from supplier 2 on the sites supplier list.  It is in great shape with 258 hours on it. It came with a heated hose and regular hose.  I did not need a prescription.  I cannot say enough good things about them. You can see my post about moving from the dreamstation.  I’m not sure about overseas shipping but go to the website and ask, they will text back in real time during store hours. Pm me if you want.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,074 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 94 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 968 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 139 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 671 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 141 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,341 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.