Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth leaks - best solution
Surprised 
RE: Mouth leaks - best solution
Is the mouth breathing problem only occasional? Ever considered a full face mask (The new ones are quite minimal)? I have not come across any solution not already posted in this forum.  The standard methods all have their drawbacks. I find that tape is the best for me but it works only sometimes as it is dreadfully uncomfortable - even skin tape for sensitive skin - and I resist using it. I'm thinking of a full face mask myself as I am sick of struggling with straps and tapes and neck pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
here's last nights download...I take it as mouthbreathing.

I used my ResMed n20 medium mask
I used my Dakota wedge--strap is worn out.

I've used this gear 4 nights.  Fantastic! / Uh-oh / Bad leaks / Really excessive leaks

(5 nights ago i used everything but tape:

* Dakota wedge
* Knightsbridge Dual Band Cap -- 2 chinstraps; keeps jaw from dropping open or being pushed back
* ResMed N20 LARGE (need a large; smaller sizes the bottom straps pop off)

It was Really good; limited leakage--so I set out seeing what caused the improvement.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried about 4 of the new ones that don't obstruct my view. My issues with these were severe leakage. And it's hard to get real help form my DME.

I request a mask to try. They bring one out in a bag and I leave.  Bring it back after trial Great people. Except they are quite a drive away. That's ok.  

Two issues===getting head gear size, and getting insert size right.

edit I've wanted to find a full face mask that works. I've tried off and on for a long long time. No luck

I have almost no OSCAR skills.  I'm embarrassed at how much help I need.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 366 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 282 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 88 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.