Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth leaks - can "training" help?
RE: Mouth leaks - can "training" help?
I woke up and actually thought: "Is this thing on?" Yep this happens quite often with me, put a hand by the vent.

You are getting there! It can happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2016, 11:44 AM)mchlwise Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 04:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The graduate studies for learning control are the following:
Talk intelligibly with the cpap on.
Drink some water...beginners can use a straw.
Inhale at the mouth and exhale from the nose, then when you're good at that, reverse.

All of this can be done, and practicing it gives you REAL control and understanding of air pressure. You'll look pretty silly in the first attempts, so video is encouraged. I'm not kidding, it not only can be done, it can become easy.

Thanks. This was very helpful.

At some point in trying all of the above, I "discovered" something I hadn't been able to before and closed off whatever door it was that I was having trouble closing. At one point last night, I woke up and actually thought: "Is this thing on?" because I didn't notice it.

I'm sure I still need practice, but this was very helpful and reduced my mouth leaks considerably.

Well thanks for that! I really appreciate the feedback I might not be a nut. Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2016, 08:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well thanks for that! I really appreciate the feedback I might not be a nut. Thanks

Nah! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 60 51 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 392 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 321 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 143 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.