Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth opening - Need full mask?
Yes, barometric pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the *difference* between ambient air pressure and the pressure the PAP gives to you that keeps the airway open, not the absolute figures.

Normal changes in outside ambient air pressure will be meaningless so far as the effect your machine is giving you.

1cm/water pressure is very nearly equal to 1 millibar of atmospheric pressure, which is about 1/10th of 1% of normal atmospheric pressure at sea level. Even at 20cm which is the max for most machines is a difference of only 2% between the outside pressure and the pressure from the machine in your airway.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

The above is my opinion.  It is just possible that I may, occasionally, be mistaken.

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Everything put together sooner or later falls apart.
Your brain is not the boss.
Our forefathers took drugs.
He's no fun he fell right over.
Post Reply Post Reply
A change in the barometric pressure may trigger "a bit of the old ultra violence".

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  full face mask leak shleepapnea101 6 127 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Leemax
  Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of It?? harmon k 30 1,124 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  Switching from full face mask to nasal mask monkeybusiness 13 318 04-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: monkeybusiness
  Any former mouth brethers who became nose only because of CPAP? S.L. Ping Beauty 10 307 04-26-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: NadiaK
  Yet another newbie with questions (getting used to CPAP, mouth leakage, etc). Nicholas 10 179 04-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: chill
  Full Face Mask Question esparzatj 10 338 04-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Dry mouth Queations for newbie Matzaball2016 9 314 04-16-2017, 12:43 AM
Last Post: pupcamper