Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth taping, What tape works best for you?
RE: Mouth taping, What tape works best for you?
The  one  I am using is an anti-snore chin strap. Didn’t work in the way it was meant but, as I said, I arrange it with the chin part over my mouth.  Just gone on line to check but can’t see actual one but similar version on Stress no More site £10.99. In fact might send off for one.  Looks more robust than mine.  Might even work in the way it is designed for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Katie for your post.
I thought it would be difficult to tape my mouth all night but it actually isn't bad at all.  I recommend to anyone who wants to try a nasal or nasal pillow mask to try and tape and see how it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you are using tape? What kind?
Post Reply Post Reply
So Katie, in the beginning I was using SomniFix.  It’s kind of expensive so recently I found this tape called Hypafix.  It works great and no problem taking off the tape in the morning and stays on all night.  It is reasonably priced.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate your posts. they help me. thanks
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a mouth breather when I sleep big time.  I tried taping too.  All  kinds of tape.  I am that serious about my therapy.  I do not think any tape will be usable enough where it is not ripping skin off or leaving glue behind.  YMMV.  What I found that works well for me is two chin straps.  I ware a Respironics chin strap like it is suppose to be worn.  And I ware another chinstrap; it's white, about 3 1/8 inches wide, all elastic, and velcro on the ends.  I ware it horizontally to keep my lips shut.  I ware both together at the same time along with my CPAP nasal mask.  I find this combo very effective and a much better option than tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lost Clusters, can you tell us what white strap you are referring?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2020, 10:54 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Lost Clusters, can you tell us what white strap you are referring?

It's a chin strap:

Link removed. Search for super-deluxe-chin-strap-1

I have to bunch it up a bit on the ends and pin it with safety pins because it is longer around than my face is.  I kind of over lap my upper lip over the lower, and then put it on.  Works good.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Some users find a Scrunchie Hair band across the lips help
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2020, 11:01 PM)Lost Clusters Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 10:54 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Lost Clusters, can you tell us what white strap you are referring?

It's a chin strap:

Link removed. Search for super-deluxe-chin-strap-1

I have to bunch it up a bit on the ends and pin it with safety pins because it is longer around than my face is.  I kind of over lap my upper lip over the lower, and then put it on.  Works good.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

Well, this certainly makes showing folks what you use difficult.  I got this item at [Commercial Link Removed] Supplier #14
.  Text supplied for educational purposes only.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 14 2 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 800 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.