Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moved to ResMed AirSense10 Auto from Dreamstation
Moved to ResMed AirSense10 Auto from Dreamstation
Hi all,

It's been a while. Got caught in the Philips recall and was fortunate enough to get a full refund here in Australia. I have since been sent the ResMed AirSense10 Auto, I setup the machine with the same settings I had on my Dreamstation but i'm finding the air pressure seems higher and I feel a bit more bloated.

My current settings are ramp start 5, max pressure 20. The average is 11. I find getting data out of the damn device is somewhat of a pain as the myAir app is kind of bland. I'm assuming the AHI is "events per hour"? any other tips on these devices? My settings are below, I'm trying to understand what EPR means on the ResMed and I hear there is a "forher" mode?

ResMed AirSense10 Machine Settings

Mode APAP
Pressure Min 8.00 cmH2O
Pressure Max 20.00 cmH2O
Antibacterial Filter No
Climate Control Manual
EPR Ramp Only
EPR Level 1 cmH2O
Essentials On
Humidifier Status Off
Mask Nasal
Ramp 2 
Ramp Pressure 5.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time 45.00 Minutes
Smart Start On
Temperature 27 ºC
Temperature Enable 1 

Dreamstation Machine Settings

Mode AutoCPAP
Pressure Min 8.50 cmH2O
Pressure Max 20.00 cmH2O
Auto Off Off
Auto On On
Flex Level 1 
Flex Lock Off
Flex Mode C-Flex
Hose Diam. 15mm
Humidifier Disconnected
Mask Res. Lock Off
Mask Resist. 1 
Ramp Pressure 7.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time 15.00 Minutes
Ramp Type SmartRamp
Show AHI On
Tube Lock Off

Cheers,

SleepyOzzy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moved to ResMed AirSense10 Auto from Dreamstation
THE best way to se meaningful data is to use the free program OSCAR which was developed by programmers who are CPAP users. It can be downloaded here https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ You will need an SD card with a capacity no greater than 32GB for your machine and an SD card reader for your PC if it doesn't have one. You will then be able to post data here and get assistance with optimizing your settings.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 69 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 222 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.