Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moving Data Card to New Machine
Moving Data Card to New Machine
I just received my new Aircurve Vauto

If I remove my data card from my Airsense 10, and insert it in my Aircurve Vauto - will the Vauto erase previous data? Will the Vauot reformat the card?

Will I be able to keep the old data and just add new data in the  coming days - or do I need to use a different data card for my Vauto if I want to keep the data from my AS10?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving Data Card to New Machine
If you are using Oscar, that creates new directories to new machine data. So I think that you can copy or backup data on SD and then remove old data from SD card. Does Aircurve have own SD card when you buy or get such machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving Data Card to New Machine
>>>>If I remove my data card from my Airsense 10, and insert it in my Aircurve Vauto - will the Vauto erase previous data? Will the Vauot reformat the card?

Never reuse a data card without re-formatting it. There are two files on a ResMed card which uniquely identify the machine and contain the settings and usage history. These will get overwritten by the new machine, but the old daily data will be left behind to confuse OSCAR or ResScan..

If you must re-use a card, make a complete backup copy on your hard drive, and then reformat the card to erase all the old data.

You can use the same OSCAR profile for both machines from ResMed because OSCAR will create a new folder layout for each machine, so your history is all in one place.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 219 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 597 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 536 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,149 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.