Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data Review
OSCAR Data Review

Could someone take a quick look at my last nights data and provide any input?  I switched from the F20 AirFit to the F20 AirTouch and seem to be getting more leaks but it is much more comfortable.  Tried adjusting it numerous times with no luck.  How does my data look?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Review
Welcome to the forum

Looks good to me. More importantly, How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Gideon...   Feeling better I guess.  Its subtle.  My Oura ring shows slightly improved sleep data and I am only getting up 1-3 times a night to urinate as opposed to 4-6 like I was previously.  I started my therapy 11 days ago so maybe it takes time.  Been slowly adjusting.  When I raised my EPR to 3 my waveforms smoothed out considerably.  I am using my median pressure (10) as my minimum and 15 as my maximum with an auto ramp starting at 7.  Been trying to find the best settings for me.

Also, been trying to find the best mask.  Started with the F20 AirFit and also tried the F20 AirTouch.  While the AirTouch is more comfortable it seems to leak more on me than the AirFit for some reason.  Most others have reported just the opposite.  Maybe Im not adjusting it right.  Also tried the AirFit F30..  wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be.  I will need to experiment more with it.  I am really considering a nasal mask because I can breath through my nose fairly easily 95% of the time and have taped my mouth before with no issues.  Most recommend a nasal mask first I guess.  Not sure which one to start with - N30, P10 or N20.   Any recommendations?

A recently added the ClimateLine Air 11 tubing and it made a big difference as far as comfort and dry mouth issues.

Any words of wisdom, or changes you would recommend to fine tune my sleep therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything looks fine. Lots of users take 1-2 weeks just to start sleeping as good as they did without CPAP and it takes months for your body to fully adapt. In short you are still very early into this so time to get comfortable and let it do its thing.

Your leaks aren't that bad but I too had more leak issues with the airtouch. Masks all come down to personal fit and preference so all you can really do is keep trying different ones until you find one you are happy with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a fan of the P10. It is the smallest, quietest, most unobtrusive mask I have ever used.

Also try with the ramp off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon and Geer1.  Very helpful information like this is very hard to come by.  I am determined to make this work and finally sleep well and it looks like I am well on my way.  Had another great night of sleep last night.  Switched back to the AirFit F20 from the AirTouch F20.  Much less leaks last night and it felt somewhat more comfortable then the AirTouch!  Go figure.  I am going to have to experiment with nasal masks.  The P10 sounds good but I am not sure how the pillows would feel in my nose.  To bad I just couldn't buy them all and try them...  still trying to figure out how all this works with my insurance.  I believe I have 30 days to try a different mask.  Just need to figure out which one.

As far as the ramp goes, I guess I could try turning it off.  Not sure if I could handle the 10 cmH2O right off the bat while trying to fall asleep or back to sleep.  Maybe lower my min pressure to 8 and try that and work up to 10 over a few nights?
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like it takes you a while to fall asleep, and you have bumped your starting (ramp) pressure to 7 with the timing set to Auto. When you have the time set to Auto, the pressure stays at the starting pressure until the machine senses sleep breathing, and then ramps fairly quickly to your min pressure.
If you use a timed ramp, it starts at your starting (ramp) pressure, and slowly, over the time period selected, it ramps up to your min pressure.
If you have no ramp (Off), it starts at your min pressure right away.

I favour Auto ramp with a starting pressure of (at least) 7, because 4 leaves most people air starved and they feel the need to suck air - hardly restful.

My own starting pressure is 11, with no ramp. It works well with a pillows mask which relies on pressure to help seal
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks pholynyk, my ramp is set to auto. Starts at 7 and ramps up to 10 when the machine detects I am sleeping. I may slowly increase the ramp until I get used to starting at 10 and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
To get a feel for how much pressure is involved get a tall glass of water and a straw. Insert the straw to near the bottom and blow bubbles,

Any issues? Didn't think so.

Assuming 8 inches deep you matched the maximum your CPAP, 20 cmw , can produce.at 4 inches it is 10 cmw.

It is very little pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon..  good test.  I will work on eliminating the ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 43 5 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.