Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moving Data from Old Computer
Moving Data from Old Computer
My old computer has given up the fight. So I have a new machine. Looking to move my SleepyHead Data (around 1 year's worth) over to the new machine. The export data function on the old machine worked and created a csv file. Just wasn't able to import it into the new machine? What am I missing.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving Data from Old Computer
The export function you're referring to is used to take the data in SleepyHead and put it into a format that can be read by a spreadsheet program.

The steps required to move your SleepyHead program is as follows:

On your old computer you will have two directories and optionally a third directory, depending on your configuration. The first two directory names begin with the words "SleepyHead". One is the program directory and the other contains the profiles and data for each user. If you import your data into SleepyHead directly from the SD card then you will not have a third directory. However if you archive your SD card's data and use this directory to load data into SleepyHead you will have a third directory.

These are the directories that you need to copy from your old computer to your new one.

I hope this may help.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The old machine was running an older version of SleepyHead. Can I bring the old data over to the new machine and use with the latest version of Sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Then in that case just copy over the SleepyHeadData directory and the optional directory. . . if you have one. The newer SH will ask if you wish to update the database for the new version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to C:\users\office\documents\Sleepy Head Data - Testing and copied all contents over to the new C:\users\office\documents\Sleepy Head Data folder. The programs start up screen comes up listing all the fixes... At the bottom click the button that say OK, lets get on with it... Screen goes away and nothing happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the brokenGL version.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ran the brokenGL version. Message came up saying system had ability to run original faster. Started it anyway with the same results. Fixes screen and then nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Decided I had messed with it enough and choose to put the SD card into the new computer to see what I could get. It downloaded 360 days worth of data off the card. So no need to pull anything from the old computer. Thanks for the suggestions any way. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2016, 10:10 PM)OB-Left Wrote: Decided I had messed with it enough and choose to put the SD card into the new computer to see what I could get. It downloaded 360 days worth of data off the card. So no need to pull anything from the old computer. Thanks for the suggestions any way. Thanks

That's exactly what I did when I got a new computer. Just put my SD card in computer and it copied over a years worth of data. So much easier.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2016, 10:10 PM)OB-Left Wrote: Decided I had messed with it enough and choose to put the SD card into the new computer to see what I could get. It downloaded 360 days worth of data off the card. So no need to pull anything from the old computer. Thanks for the suggestions any way. Thanks

What will be missing is the detailed flow data older than about 1 week. If you select earlier days in the calendar display, the Flow Data graph will disappear. If you want to preserve that information, you will need to copy the profile data as earlier described.

Good Luck!

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 73 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 jed3 3 130 03-12-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 598 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.