Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaving the machine turned on??
Leaving the machine turned on??
Hi guys!

Is it fine to leave the machine permanently plugged in? Or should I disconnect it from the power plug when I'm not using it
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaving the machine turned on??
You won't hurt the machine either way, I leave mine plugged in, I guess it's up to you and your normal practice
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaving your machine unplugged is the safest way to prevent damage from electrical surges, etc. You could always purchase a surge protector, they offer some protection, but will not handle large surges like lightning. What do you do with your TVS and computers?
Post Reply Post Reply
All my electronics are plugged into surge protectors, including my Apap.

I very seldom unplug any of them.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is plugged into a surge protector and I rarely unplug it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Most machines that I have used have a small but real parasitic power waste while connected to a live outlet. When this parasitic waste is  multiplied by the many millions of machines used worldwide it represents a lot of wasted electric power. My own machine draws about 7 watts of power when it is plugged in. In my own case, I use an external genuine on/off switch that kills the machine when it is not in use, and so far as I can determine there is really no reason whatever to supply power to the machine when it is not in use. The on/off switch on the machines does not turn off the constant 18 or so hours a day parasitic power waste. And yes, I am aware that telephone chargers, televisions,  computers,etc. have a similar parasitic waste.
I am a bit baffled  by the device manufacturers unwillingness to use an actual on/off switch that truly shuts the devices OFF.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, but if you could turn them off, your cpap machine, tv, computer, cell phone could not secretly transmit your location, habits, AHI to the mother ship!! George Orwellian delusions!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 turned off while in use; why??? rpierce 4 1,448 07-23-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] AirFit P10 clip leaving marks deputypork 2 501 02-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Leaving a battery plugged in vladesch 1 749 01-28-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Airsense autoset 11 can I disable blowing again after turned off? plaidwandering 5 1,729 01-09-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,788 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.