Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moving the OSCAR_CPAP_Data Directory
Moving the OSCAR_CPAP_Data Directory
I have my OSCAR_CPAP_Data directory in my c:\xyz\ directory.   I would like to move it to my D:\CPAP\ directory. 

Same thing for my Sleepyhead SH_Data directory.

How do I tell Oscar to now look for its data in D:\CPAP?  

I'd rather not have to uninstall Oscar. 

Is there some configuration choice/registry/whatever change I can make?  I didn't see anything in the menus, but such choices are getting harder and harder for me to find these days.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving the OSCAR_CPAP_Data Directory
The only place I can find to change the data directory is in the registry.  I have several different versions of OSCAR and have different listings in the registry.  I will use the name "OSCAR-Data" but your name may be different.

For OSCAR:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR-Data\Settings\AppData="Address of your data directory"

SleepyHead:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jedimark\*SleepyHead-Testing\Settings\AppData="Address of your data directory"
*(Again, your name may be different)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
RE: Moving the OSCAR_CPAP_Data Directory
Just thought I would give this a bump up.  It is 7 years later and I had the exact same question.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 jed3 3 130 03-12-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 598 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Question (Feature Request) Moving average for OSCAR Minute Vent chart? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 637 10-13-2022, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Moving the OSCAR_Data directory - how? d1hartman 1 598 09-28-2022, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changing OSCAR's input directory SleepyNerd 5 785 01-31-2022, 12:43 PM
Last Post: SleepyNerd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.