Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey
RE: MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey
For those interested in my therapy thread, I wanted to post my home sleep study that was done about a year ago. Curious to what folks would have recommended from looking at my sleep study. I did 6 months of CPAP, APAP therapy, eventually moving to an Aircurve which I currently have been using since October.

(Will be split into two posts since it is 5 images)

Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I have decided to go back to square one and titrate myself to get to my optimized settings for the Aircurve 10. I plan on starting tonight with VAUTO settings of 5.0/15.0 PS4.0. I feel like with my higher pressure settings, I am struggling to stay asleep and when I experimented with these lower pressures a few months ago (screenshot attached), I may have been onto something. I feel like it's worth a try at this point. If anyone has a better starting point for me, please feel free to share.

This is from November when I tried lower pressures:

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night results with lowering the pressure to 15.0/5.0 PS 4.0. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I have been using 15.0/5.0 PS4.0 for a week now, and looking to titrate for the next week. I am thinking of 14.0/6.0 PS 4.0 as my next step. Any thoughts on if this is a logical next step to get to my optimized settings? Below are some OSCAR charts from the last week.

15.0/5.0 PS4.0

Post Reply Post Reply
I have tritrated myself over the last few weeks and I think I found the best pressure set for me with the least about of pressure jumps during the night. Any thoughts on this thread please let me know. Thanks for all the help.

AirCurve 10 VAuto
PAP Mode: VPAPauto
PS 4.0 over 9.0-16.0 (cmH2O)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good job! That is quiet and very effective therapy. Oddly enough your final pressure selection looks very familiar to my own, but my pressure is not that quiet and tends to go higher. I'm sure the new F40 mask helped a lot. It arrived just in time for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly, I think I was doing pretty well back in January at similar pressures, but like you said, the F40 has been the difference maker. I always liked the F30i, but it leaked a lot, then moved to the F30 and it would disrupt my sleep on my side sometimes. The F40 takes the best of both and has been the best. Thanks for your input Sleeprider, appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 425 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 487 Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,841 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 85 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 236 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 275 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 1,019 04-24-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.