Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mrs. P10 wants to know...
Mrs. P10 wants to know...
So my wife Carol, or as I am calling her: Mrs. P10, has mild apnea and just started using her mask and machine 2 weeks ago.

I made sure she got a P10 and an S9 Autoset "just like mine".

We immediately adjusted her pressures, and reduced her AHI to 1 or less almost immediately.

After the first night with no problems, she looked at me and asked, "So how come so many people have so much trouble using the machine?". Dielaughing

I laughed and those that know me can guess what my answer was. Wink

She's 100% compliant, even when she naps. She LIKES the mask and is sleeping much better with fewer bathroom trips.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mrs. P10 wants to know...
Hey Herb! Good to see/read you out here. Extend my congrats to Carol on her success.

How are the replacement parts working out?

How is your puppy?

Do you believe in global warming?

Take care my friend, nice to see you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
New parts are practically indistinguishable from original equipment from a funtional perspective. Much less pain, and much better movement than i have had in decades. VERY minor, occasional discomfort (1 on a scale of 10) is becoming less frequent and less noticeable.

Sugar, the 'Puppy' is now 13 months, and weighs 97lbs -- eating far less, of the house too. Hasn't eaten a P10 in about 8 or 9 months.

She's officially bigger than Trooper the giant Golden Retriever (94lbs) now.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2015, 04:44 PM)herbm Wrote: So my wife Carol, or as I am calling her: Mrs. P10, has mild apnea and just started using her mask and machine 2 weeks ago.

I made sure she got a P10 and an S9 Autoset "just like mine".

We immediately adjusted her pressures, and reduced her AHI to 1 or less almost immediately.

After the first night with no problems, she looked at me and asked, "So how come so many people have so much trouble using the machine?". Dielaughing

I laughed and those that know me can guess what my answer was. Wink

She's 100% compliant, even when she naps. She LIKES the mask and is sleeping much better with fewer bathroom trips.

Hi herbm,
It's good to hear success stories. Mrs. "P10" is lucky to have your help.
The best part is fewer bathroom visits! :grin:
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2015, 04:54 PM)herbm Wrote: New parts are practically indistinguishable from original equipment from a funtional perspective. Much less pain, and much better movement than i have had in decades. VERY minor, occasional discomfort (1 on a scale of 10) is becoming less frequent and less noticeable.

Sugar, the 'Puppy' is now 13 months, and weighs 97lbs -- eating far less, of the house too. Hasn't eaten a P10 in about 8 or 9 months.

She's officially bigger than Trooper the giant Golden Retriever (94lbs) now.

Our girls --affectionately known as "the power puppies" have grown up too. The "big" one is 11 months old and a whooping 10 lbs and is drop-dead gorgeous. Incredible ability to flash her "bedroom eyes" at you whenever she wants something. Her baby sister, 10 months old, is pretty much full grown at 8 lbs. She's just too cute and knows it. As I often say, she is "such a girl......." She'll stand right at your feet and "bark you up big time" until you pick her up and give her the attention to which she feels she is so entitled.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi herbm,
Great to hear from you again.
Mrs. P10 is fortunate to have you looking out for her, with a great machine and mask, she can't go wrong.
CONGRATULATIONS Mrs. P10.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mrs. P10 is a lucky lady to have help right away at the beginning. Fewer bathroom trips is a bonus in my opinion. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Herb,

Good to hear from you. Have missed your inputs despite R_G's global warming humor. Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos on the teamwork!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mrs P-10 is blessed indeed. I sure hope she knows it! Tell her "The Manse Hen" who has more severe apnea, and is 100 percent compliant at 9 plus hours a day on machine, low leaks etc, has had to bust her "hen butt" to finally see consistent numbers under 5.0. I expect your journey was much harder than the Mrs was...did you at least roll your eyes at 'er?

Glad all is well for for her! She's a good advert for all those who say c-pap is too hard! She can spread the "it's not so bad" gospel as well as the "it's not just a man thing" message. Less night trips...it's why I'm here! I was waking hourly for a decade or so.

Now why tell me, are there not more adverts for c-pap with the his and her pictures!

The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.